Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrows DLC is out now

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

MarcoT.
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrows DLC is out now

Post by MarcoT. »

Storm of Arrows the third DLC for Field of Glory II: Medieval is finally out.

The one and only tactical strategy game with “tin digital soldiers” set in Medieval age, reaches the golden era of the mighty heavy knight charge and the longbow with this brand new DLC.

Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrows comes with 96 more army lists and 45 new 14th and 15th century units.

Relive 8 more historical scenarios covering key engagements of the period and 5 more historically-based campaigns covering major leaders and conflicts of the era: Hundred Years War (English), Hundred Years War (French), Sir John Hawkwood, Henry of Trastámara, Władysław II Jagiełło.

To celebrate the upcoming release of Storm of Arrows, Field of glory II: Medieval and related DLCs will be discounted up to 50%

Moreover, Storm of Arrows will be added to the Field of Glory II: Medieval - Complete Bundle, allowing you to buy it an additional 10% discount.
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrows DLC is out now

Post by Dux Limitis »

Have to say,I'm not satisfied with some sound designs of this DLC.The new handgonnes' sound is nice(Hope we got more sound variants for handgonnes,the slings,bows and crossbows all of them got four different sound variants for each,the handgonnes only got one and with no variants)but the artillery's firing sound(And it only got one like handgonnes) is from the Pike&Shot which been years ago,and it sounds really crude-made and unreal,I really hope we got some new firing sounds for artillery in the future.

PS:I don't know it's a bug or not,but I found some sounds of soldiers march with plates in the game's folder(PI_MARCH&PI_JOG),but they're not been used to those appropriate units like dismounted MAAs,armoured polearmsmen etc.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 pm PS:I don't know it's a bug or not,but I found some sounds of soldiers march with plates in the game's folder(PI_MARCH&PI_JOG),but they're not been used to those appropriate units like dismounted MAAs,armoured polearmsmen etc.
That might be an oversight. If so it will be fixed for a future update.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 pm Have to say,I'm not satisfied with some sound designs of this DLC (...) the artillery's firing sound (...) is from the Pike&Shot which been years ago,and it sounds really crude-made and unreal,I really hope we got some new firing sounds for artillery in the future.
If the sound actually comes from P&S, it is hardly recognisable with the ears : the sound in P&S is repeated 3 times, only once in FoG2. I for one didn't make the connection, even though I played P&S for hundreds of hours. I like the arty sound in FoG2. Really no need of new ones imho. There are other priorities (DLCs, games).
Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:41 pm
Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 pm PS:I don't know it's a bug or not,but I found some sounds of soldiers march with plates in the game's folder(PI_MARCH&PI_JOG),but they're not been used to those appropriate units like dismounted MAAs,armoured polearmsmen etc.
That might be a bug. If so it will be fixed for a future update.
Thanks for the works mister,and there seems have some sounds of fully armoured horsemen in trot(MRC_MARCH)in the same folder,but apparently they're not been used too.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pm
That might be an oversight. If so it will be fixed for a future update.
Thanks for the works mister,and there seems have some sounds of fully armoured horsemen in trot(MRC_MARCH)in the same folder,but apparently they're not been used too.
I will look into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

Athos1660 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:52 pm
Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 pm Have to say,I'm not satisfied with some sound designs of this DLC (...) the artillery's firing sound (...) is from the Pike&Shot which been years ago,and it sounds really crude-made and unreal,I really hope we got some new firing sounds for artillery in the future.
If the sound actually comes from P&S, it is hardly recognisable with the ears : the sound in P&S is repeated 3 times, only once in FoG2. I for one didn't make the connection, even though I played P&S for hundreds of hours. I like the arty sound in FoG2. Really no need of new ones imho. There are other priorities (DLCs, games).
It's indeed form the P&S,the P&S just repeat it for three times to make a volley,you can find the original file called "bombard" in the P&S's Data/Sounds folder,I've played P&S for a very long time too,and I got habit of check the game's files so there's no way I can't recognize it.I mean,priority stuffs are important though,but you can't just ignore the others, like unit models,textures,sounds,arts etc.They can be solved through the time but can't just ignore them,you may not feel so much,they're important too,which can give players more historical feelings after all.
Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:59 pm
Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pm

That might be a bug. If so it will be fixed for a future update.
I will look into it.
Thanks again mister.
Jace11
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jace11 »

If I buy the new FoG2M bundle I can get the -10% off even if I already own the rest of the series? It's not a separate product right?

I'll still get Storm of Arrows code for the Slith version and a steam code for the Steam platform?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pmthere seems have some sounds of fully armoured horsemen in trot(MRC_MARCH)in the same folder,but apparently they're not been used too.
On investigation, those are not fully armoured horsemen sounds, they are just a very slightly (if at all) slower version of the normal medieval cavalry sounds. Hence they weren't used.

Movement sound effects for fully-armoured infantry were commissioned, but due to an oversight, weren't used when the units for Storm of Arrows were set up. This will be corrected in a future update.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:53 am
Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pmthere seems have some sounds of fully armoured horsemen in trot(MRC_MARCH)in the same folder,but apparently they're not been used too.
On investigation, those are not fully armoured horsemen sounds, they are just a very slightly (if at all) slower version of the normal medieval cavalry sounds. Hence they weren't used.

Movement sound effects for fully-armoured infantry were commissioned, but due to an oversight, weren't used when the units for Storm of Arrows were set up. This will be corrected in a future update.
Thanks for let us know mister,and thanks for the investigation.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”