Campaign Victory Screen

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Flayer
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Campaign Victory Screen

Post by Flayer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 pm

One of the things that has always struck me (and plenty of others) as disappointing in the Panzer Corps series is the lack of a satisfying payoff for the end of a campaign. You get a congratulations pop up and then you’re booted back to the main menu with nothing else to show for it.

I’ve thought about what could make this better, and the idea that occurred to me is one I’ve seen before in old RTS games. They would have post-game battle log that displayed all the statistics from the game. How many units each player trained, their kills and losses, resources collected, etc.

In Panzer Corps, a campaign log could be presented at the conclusion of each campaign. The log would compile the stats the game tracks for each of your units: their kills and losses, the units they destroyed, the heroes and the medals they earned. Putting them all together, the log could rank your units, telling you which ones achieved the most over the entire course of your campaign. It could also show a grand total of your army’s combined kills and losses and how many of each type of enemy unit you destroyed or captured, how much prestige was earned, etc. It could even show a log of total kills and losses for each battle you fought, telling you which was your greatest victory or the hardest struggle.

Best of all would be if the log for your campaigns was saved permanently to an archive folder for later viewing, so that if you played the same campaign again you could compare your peformance. They would also be great highlights that players could share at the conclusion of AAR’s, or be used as scorecards in forum competitions or challenges.

The game already tracks these statistics for individual units over the course of an entire campaign, so I think this is within the bounds of possibility to add to the game via a future update. Is there any chance we might see this added?

Mikaba
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Campaign Victory Screen

Post by Mikaba » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Yes, definitely. This would be a great opportunity to keep memories alive. My painful looses instead of reloading at the battle of Ebro or the successful story it have when landing in the US. Also the hard fights I had with the Big One Campaign I would hardly forget, when having this saved in a good overview after finalizing a campaign. Maybe with a background screen of the last turn before winning.

Retributarr
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by Retributarr » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:36 am

"All-Rightie!"... on top of all of what has already been said... if your 'Performance or Success' was spectacular enough... you could also be treated to a spectacular 'Military-Band' playing some upbeat zealously charged motivation music!.

As-Well... your 'Dear-Leader' or high-end Military designate could present you with a "Medal and a Promotion'... which in-turn could benefit you with more 'Slots' as well as early access to new equipment that is presently going through field trials.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Good idea! I quote it

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”