1940 dlc new units wish list

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

1940 dlc new units wish list

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 am

I Devs, I hope we can see in nexts dlcs Marder I and 15 cm sFH 13/1 (Sf) LrS Sd.Kfz. 135/1.
Both realised over France Lorraine tractor.
I think they’re very usefull in late 1941/ealry 1942 because german rooster has lack of Spat and SpArtillery in this period.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: 1940 dlc new units wish list

Post by Kerensky » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Seems more like 41 units than 40 units though, wouldn't get much use in France for converted French equipment.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi ... rder-I.php
During late June 1942, the German High Command (Oberkommando des Heeres – OKH) predicted that at least 20 Marder Is would be ready for operational field test trials by the end of July 1942. Two Panzer Divisions, the 14th and 16th, were initially chosen for this purpose. In July, the OKH decided that the first Marder I were instead to be given to the 15th, 17th, 106th and 167th Infantry Divisions and to the 26th Panzer Division once they were available in sufficient numbers.
Seems like by that point, roster is well covered by the likes of later Marders and StuGs though...

Still, an interesting idea. No harm in sharing ideas if anyone else has them, we'd luv to hear them! :mrgreen:

adiekmann
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by adiekmann » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:51 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 pm
No harm in sharing ideas if anyone else has them, we'd luv to hear them! :mrgreen:
I have really just one unit request for 1940: the Fw 189 Uhu.

Operational history [from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_189]

"Called the Fliegende Auge ("Flying Eye") of the German Army, the Fw 189 was used extensively on the Eastern Front with great success. It was nicknamed "Rama" ("frame" in the Russian, Ukrainian and Polish languages) by Soviet forces, referring to its distinctive tailboom and stabilizer shapes, giving it the characteristic quadrangular appearance. Despite its low speed and fragile looks, the Fw 189's manoeuvrability made it a difficult target for attacking Soviet fighters. When attacked, the Fw 189 was often able to out-turn attacking fighters by simply flying in a tight circle into which enemy fighters could not follow."

It also had much greater range than the Fieseler Fi 156 Storch and some defensive armament, so those are practical stat advantages to include it in the game over what already exists.

Produced 1940–44, but it was introduced August 1941. So, maybe it'll have to wait until 1941 DLC... :cry: Nonetheless, I'd love to see this aircraft in the future!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am

That aircraft came up before, so I'll repeat my comments about it here.
I really like how it looks.

But I need some justification beyond looking cool to add something as niche use as a recon plane.

Giving me some justification in game balance or unit stats would help this unit to have a real chance in future mid war AO DLC.
Cause the current issue with recon aircraft is they are all basically the same. Low slot, no attack values, high vision radius.

The 109 PR recon is only 1 extra speed and 5 extra air defense over the Storch.

Would the 189 just be 1 extra speed and 5 extra air defense over 109? That's not a very compelling new unit that also doesn't fit into an unfilled niche.

FunPolice749
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by FunPolice749 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 am

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am

But I need some justification beyond looking cool to add something as niche use as a recon plane.

Giving me some justification in game balance or unit stats would help this unit to have a real chance in future mid war AO DLC.
Cause the current issue with recon aircraft is they are all basically the same. Low slot, no attack values, high vision radius.

Would the 189 just be 1 extra speed and 5 extra air defense over 109? That's not a very compelling new unit that also doesn't fit into an unfilled niche.
Due to how it could carry a small amount of bombs for ground attack maybe it could be a recon bomber?
So it would have probably the same sight range as other recon planes but also can preform a light bombing attack. I wouldn't know the exact stats but it would probably only be enough to deal maybe a point or two of damage at most. It wouldn't be much but it does give it a niche of a recon plane that also can help soften up a key target if needed (while also giving recon for that unit at the same time).

KesaAnna
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by KesaAnna » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am

One " problem " with this game so far is that just about any unit you could wish for is already in it ! :D Including weird and unusual things you wouldn't expect , like armored trains , and things you never even thought of , like the Trubia tank .

Anyway , a few things that I haven't seen but would like to see --

Steyr ADGZ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADGZ --- I have to admit that with the armored cars the Germans already have , and the parking lot full of quite decent Republican armored cars you can pick up in Spain , I'm not sure why anyone would buy this ? Except that the Steyr ADGZ is kinda neat , kinda cute , and why not ? :D

The Bunkerflak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Fl ... d.Kfz_8%29 This unit puzzles me a bit ; an 88 mounted on a halftrack --- What's not to like ? I would think the Germans would have cranked these out , but they apparently only ever produced a few. Still , like I said , an 88 mounted on a halftrack , what's not to like ?

The Char 2C https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_2C The possibility of seeing it in France would be nice , the opportunity to acquire it would be even better. :mrgreen:

What sort of stats this monster would have is a question mark. By all accounts , as big and impressive - looking as it was , it was still impractical , out - of - date , and basically sucked. --- But it's cool ! :mrgreen:

Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:06 am

I agree with adiekmann and would like to see the FW 189 added to the unit roster as a recon aircraft. I would also like to see it and units such as the Soviet U-2 given a limited ground attack ability for several reasons. They historically had limited attack abilities and I do not think giving them ground attack values similar to fighters would unbalance the game. Also it is near impossible to gain experience with these units without some ability to attack. I am currently at Raate Rd with a He 70 from SCW that only has about 500 experience. I understand the argument about not adding a unit just because it looks cool but I do wonder why a limited manufactured night fighter like the American P-61 is not covered by that same prohibition. I do not know how many other players make use of the recon aircraft but I have deployed at least one in almost all scenarios so far. I don't need it to be a world beater, I would just like the ability to gain experience with the unit and possibly finish off very weak units. The ability to help nock back entrenchment levels or suppress would be useful as well. An aircraft like the FW 189 fills that role very well. It is not a deal breaker not having the aircraft, overall the changes from PC to PC2 have been very good and I am already looking forward to additional DLC's, just a small aggravation at their very limited utility.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 am

KesaAnna wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am
The Char 2C https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_2C The possibility of seeing it in France would be nice , the opportunity to acquire it would be even better. :mrgreen:

What sort of stats this monster would have is a question mark. By all accounts , as big and impressive - looking as it was , it was still impractical , out - of - date , and basically sucked. --- But it's cool ! :mrgreen:
I don't think it's unique enough to be a unit with extremely unusual stats, such as ships who have SingleEntity trait.

Something very large, very slow, but pretty well armed and extremely well armored perhaps? Basically a Super sized Char B. It is interesting to note it was the largest actual operational tank in history. Operational meaning unlike tanks like the Maus, it was actually completed. There were several of these Char 2Cs in fact.

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 am

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am

I did say why. It had a much longer range and would also have a small defensive attack. A longer range, or speed, would be helpful particularly in a recon aircraft. But then again the He 70 had a longer ranger than the Stork but that was not reflected in the game at all either.

GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:07 am

Kerensky wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 pm
Seems more like 41 units than 40 units though, wouldn't get much use in France for converted French equipment.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi ... rder-I.php
During late June 1942, the German High Command (Oberkommando des Heeres – OKH) predicted that at least 20 Marder Is would be ready for operational field test trials by the end of July 1942. Two Panzer Divisions, the 14th and 16th, were initially chosen for this purpose. In July, the OKH decided that the first Marder I were instead to be given to the 15th, 17th, 106th and 167th Infantry Divisions and to the 26th Panzer Division once they were available in sufficient numbers.
Seems like by that point, roster is well covered by the likes of later Marders and StuGs though...

Still, an interesting idea. No harm in sharing ideas if anyone else has them, we'd luv to hear them! :mrgreen:
Maybe this SPguns Could anticipate Their arrival on battlefield being premium prototype units for same secondary objective in France campaig, exemple if you conquest a tractors factory you get a Marder I prototype...

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am

I like the idea of Marder prototypes, but why not go for a better Marder? Even a Marder IIA would be great as early as 1940.

As it is... it kinda looks like the 88mm is going to be the order of the day for 1940. Char B and Matilda IIs are just so thick, firepower less than an 88 is just not adequate.

GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am
I like the idea of Marder prototypes, but why not go for a better Marder?

Because only Marder I was based on Franch tractors :wink:

KesaAnna

Post by KesaAnna » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:08 am

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 am
KesaAnna wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am

I don't think it's unique enough to be a unit with extremely unusual stats, such as ships who have SingleEntity trait.
I try to err on the side of moderation , or fatalism. That's why I suggested in passing ( though that may not have been obvious to the reader ? ) implementing it as a unit you might see and fight against in France , but couldn't capture . Or , if you could capture them , you couldn't acquire enough of them to field a unit of them. Still , a neat kind of minor Easter Egg or flavor - type thing.

Like , for example , you expect the Danes to be a bunch of Hippies , but then you run into those shockingly tough Danish Guards infantry on your way to Copenhagen. :shock:

Anyway --- and in this case I might have over - thought things a little bit ;
Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 am
Something very large, very slow, but pretty well armed and extremely well armored perhaps? Basically a Super sized Char B.
Hey , that actually sounds reasonable and do - able ?

I especially like the very slow idea ; A tangible way of reflecting in the game this weapon systems limitations. Perhaps , too , give it a high core slot cost.
Kerensky wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am
As it is... it kinda looks like the 88mm is going to be the order of the day for 1940. Char B and Matilda IIs are just so thick, firepower less than an 88 is just not adequate.
That's why the Bunkerflak says , " Put me in coach ! " :mrgreen: Maybe strip it of the AA ability , give it a lousy defense , otherwise make it only incrementally better than the SPAT you could buy in Spain . And there you have a transitional or interim unit between the SPAT of Spain and 1941.
adiekmann wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 am
But then again the He 70 had a longer ranger than the Stork but that was not reflected in the game at all either.
I had not checked , but I guessed the Stork had some advantage over the He 70.

Never the less , as of the end of AO 1939 , my He 70 is still in service --- because I like how it looks. :mrgreen: I don't like the Stork .
adiekmann wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 am
A longer range, or speed, would be helpful particularly in a recon aircraft.
--- and that's not just speculation ! My He 70 was jumped by two Russian fighters over Finland and was almost shot down ! :shock:

Especially scary when you consider , if I remember correctly , that while you can still replace losses to your existing He 70 , the He 70 is no longer available for purchase as a new unit. :( So if I lose it , I have to buy a Stork. :x

So I , for one , would be lieing if I said I did not understand , or could not empathize with , a desire for an alternative to the Fiesler Storch.

Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm

I still would like to see the FW 189 but how about the FW 200 "Condor". And while I am at it how bout some new Heroes? I would like to see Helmut Kohlke, commander of the Marder II "Kohlenklau". I would also like to see Otto Skorzeny in command of a single German commando unit. I realize this unit could not be historically named. And finally I still would like to see Gunther Rall.

Matyna
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Matyna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Buffalohump wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm
I still would like to see the FW 189 but how about the FW 200 "Condor". And while I am at it how bout some new Heroes? I would like to see Helmut Kohlke, commander of the Marder II "Kohlenklau". I would also like to see Otto Skorzeny in command of a single German commando unit. I realize this unit could not be historically named. And finally I still would like to see Gunther Rall.
I think we will se a lot of more historical heroes in next DLCs.

What i would like to see is German B1bis with flamethower. That would be great unit to use in 1941 DLC.

Edit: And what i hope for in 1940 campaign is more captured planes, as i like to field them. :D

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:54 am

Buffalohump wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm
I still would like to see the FW 189 but how about the FW 200 "Condor".
Yes, forgot about that one! The Fw 200! Long range recon AND maritime bomber. Give it 3 spotting, superior range/speed, and a decent naval attack.

KesaAnna

Post by KesaAnna » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:27 pm

It's a UNIT wish list .

But one wish I have is quite minor , and it seems rather supercilious to make a new thread .

So ---

I would like to see the English Channel Islands factor into the campaign in France somehow.

There wasn't any fighting in the Channel Islands , the Germans just marched in , end of story. So I don't suppose you could make much of that ? :(

But it would be cool if , for example , you could load your trusty Flak unit up on a transport , motor - boat out to Jersey , occupy Jersey , pick up another 50 prestige .
Yay ! That sort of thing . :mrgreen:

---

On second thought , I can imagine how you might work it in as an optional scenario , without any egregious full - scale fighting.

First , you have to go through the bother of embarking and disembarking your troops on three separate islands , and they are quite vulnerable when in transport on the open water. The British aren't going to fight for the Islands , but there are still RAF and Royal Navy units lurking about --- you could maybe have some British PT boat versus German PT boat exchanges there for example. :D

Anyway , your troops have to race around the islands occupying key positions before time runs out. As a stand - in for real fighting , your troops have to destroy and occupy hanger , bunker , and radar sites.

Like the mine layers in the Saar campaign , you have some generic construction units ( "generic" because I'm afraid Organization Todt or Reichs ArbeitsDienst units are too close to Nazi . :( ) that have to go around throwing up some coastal defenses.

And there you have it. :D

Though maybe all of that is a stretch? :|

Retributarr
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Retributarr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 am

[b wrote:KesaAnna post[/b]_id=879263 time=1600385226 user_id=260001]
It's a UNIT wish list .

I would like to see the English Channel Islands factor into the campaign in France somehow.

There wasn't any fighting in the Channel Islands , the Germans just marched in , end of story. So I don't suppose you could make much of that ? :(
KesaAnna post: " the Germans just marched in , end of story"

Do an 'Internet Search for something like... German Occupation of Channel Islands during WWII. YOU will see just how much they accomplished there!.

In-Fact!... that effort was not the end of the story!.

The Germans built many Kilometers /miles of wide and tall underground 'Concrete-Tunnels' with underground infrastructure for the personnel and ammunition... as well as on the surface... they laced the surface with a multitude of 'Fortifications' and 'Concrete-Protected Anti-Aircraft Batteries'. On top of all of that they also built many 'Heavy Naval Gun Emplacements' to destroy British Shipping that dared to venture into the English-Channel.

The Grand-Project was never completed!... those 'Huge Naval Gun Emplacements' were never quite finished and ready for use. Hitler could have used such an advantageous position to assist a 'Sea-Lion' invasion effort!.

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 am

German fortification of Guernsey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_fo ... f_Guernsey

The resulting construction work in the Channel Islands was extensive; it required thousands of workers and massive supplies of cement and steel. Tiny Guernsey received special treatment. It had the largest artillery pieces in the Channel Islands, tanks, and 12,000 troops:[1]:204 one soldier for every two civilians on the island, compared to France which had a 1:80 ratio, or higher.

KesaAnna

Post by KesaAnna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 am

Retributarr wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 am
German fortification of Guernsey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_fo ... f_Guernsey
Thanks for the effort Retributtar ! :D

The German occupation of the Channel Islands is a favorite minor subject of mine.

In my own role play / Head canon for this game , my general and a token force of her 25th Hessian Division got flown or motor - boated out to Jersey for a propaganda display ; A victory parade , and a round of good will gestures. The theme is , " See how friendly the German occupation is ?! The Germans and the British should be friends ! " --- That sort of thing.

Then it's back to the war.

But then eventually the war ends. ( With German victory ) Now what is my poor general to do ? :( The Fuhrer remembers the propaganda display from back in the day , and appoints my general Reichs Protector of the Occupied English Channel Islands . A pleasant enough sinecure , if you don't mind the Brits . :mrgreen:

I have a flag for the German Occupation of the English Channel Islands , a flag for the Reichs Protector of the Occupied English Channel Islands , posters on the theme of , " The Germans and the British should be friends ! " , several things.

A bit over- blown , I guess , for something that isn't even in the game currently.

But , like I said , the German occupation of the Channel Islands is a favorite minor subject of mine. :D

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”