What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

Post by adiekmann »

Rhaeg wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:52 pm
Retributarr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:32 pm Marvelous… "Great Post!"..."Rhaeg!" … I never was aware of the situation that you just described. What a 'Revelation!'... I hope that if nothing else... that "Karensky" gives is its due consideration.
At the very least it made someone who was born and grew up in some small area of The Netherlands learn of the tragic and heroic fate of a French General. I grew up in the place and only learned of this today because I thought "Battle of Zeeland" could be an original idea for a 1940 PC2 dlc scenario. It's crazy in a way isn't it? There is so much history in this entire "WW2 conflict"... once again, this tale of a French general in a remote corner of the Netherlands makes me think of all the young kids that died under the command of this man and all these other generals... If I can not know about a General in the area I grew up in, what about all those kids that died in the mud of some place they did not know or cared about. It's a cliché thought in a way ("oh think about all those poor kids"), but when even a 1 in 13 general can pass into local history pretty much unnoticed... poor, poor kids, there's no other words I can think of for them :cry:
Yes, great post Rhaeg! I found it very interesting to read. Battles like the one you pointed out was what was behind my beginning this thread. To flush out some possible scenarios that the forum users can think of that haven't been done before but are of interest. I would qualify this as one! :)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

1E Rhaeg - Battle of Zeeland
2E wecker - Fall Grün Ireland

Room for 3 more, to get a perfect 5x5 board. :mrgreen:
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:56 pm "Kerensky!"... my 'What-If Suggestion Entre' description for... DLC AO40 need to be adjusted from... " 5B Retributarr - Hypothetical early East Front" to... "A'-historical-hypothetical... delayed... or 'Time-Table' accelerated... A'-historical-hypothetical... "Eastern Campaign!":
Same thing, just more word? To fit on the board better, better as less wordy.
Schlack
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schlack »

Sweet idea!

Hypothetical German invasion of Ireland with British response. Irish army/paramilitaries thrown into the mix for er... fun?
Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rhaeg »

Oh btw Kerensky, when you make the voting thread, could you make it clear what we'll be voting on? Earlier in this thread you mentioned
People can bet on what ideas they want/think will happen.
but there could be a veeery big difference between what you want to happen and think will happen. Personally I'd rather vote for what I want to happen, because that way I'd be voting for good or fun ideas.
Romero
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Romero »

Operation Ikarus (Invasion of Iceland)

Battle against the British or American; Seablockade against Britain, New Air and Seaports
Linai
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Linai »

new nemesis!!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Board is ready...

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Official voting rules:

1. Each unique user name gets up to 3 bets.
2. If you own a listing, your first bet is for your own listing. Your remaining 2 bets can be anywhere except your own listing. For example, Alien has 1 bet on 4D, and the other two he can place as he pleases.
3. To place your bets, just write where you want it to go.

Example: 1A, 3B, 5C
Easy!

4. When placing your bet, especially if you own a listing, you can explain what is so special and interesting or why you picked your particular listing. Convince others to put their bets on your listing!
5. Remember there is only one Grand Prize, and the winner of that prize is the listing with the MOST bets on it, and that listing is also a prediction that turns out to be TRUE, as it will actually be in the next DLC. Winner will be announced when next DLC announcement goes out.
5a. I might have a winner for the most voted prediction that doesn't make it in game. Let's see how the votes land before I commit to that. :lol:

Bet for fun, bet for what you think will be in the game, bet for what you want to be in the game. Bet however you see fit. :D

Official bet tracker table:

1A - 3
2A - 2
3A - 5
4A - 3
5A - 12

1B - 6
2B - 2
3B - 2
4B - 5
5B - 2

1C - 1
2C - 5
3C - 1
4C - 6
5C - 6

1D - 7
2D - 4
3D - 3
4D - 5
5D - 9

1E - 4
2E - 3
3E - 4
4E - 4
5E - 12

EDIT: Table resorted to be more sensible and easier to track. :P
Last edited by Kerensky on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 24 times in total.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Ok. I vote for 5A, 5D and 2C
5A is mine and I described it was the biggest tank battle up to Barbarossa, and had never appeared before in PC games
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

kondi754 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:08 pm Ok. I vote for 5A, 5D and 2C
5A is mine and I described it was the biggest tank battle up to Barbarossa, and had never appeared before in PC games
counted
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"I Vote For"... 5B Retributarr Hypothetical early East Front, 5A & 2C [Alpine Fortifications might also have 'Mine-Fields' around them???]

This choice is firstly as the 'Title' states... an 'Early-East-Front - Accelerated-Assault' before the Russians have any chance to get their house in order... Organised… to repel a determined German Invasion.

Also in this early time-period... Stalin had just recently purged most of his trained 'Officer-Corps'... so at this moment in time... the Russians were basically without any real organized leadership... thereby making their Armies much less effective than they would otherwise normally have been. They would now be 'Prime-Pickings' for the proverbial 'Meat-Grinder!'.

Preferably... this 'Early East Front'... would take place after a successful invasion and conquest of 'Britain' had been concluded... to take it 'Out of The War'... and to also make the previous existing 'Naval-Blockade' of Germany no-longer enforced or a restriction to Germany. Germany now would be able to import all the 'Oil' and 'Strategic-Metals' that it would desperately need without restrictions or blockades in order to prosecute a successful war in the East!.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "2nd-Choice"... not mentioned in the 'Title-Header'... is to attack Russia at a later date of your own choosing.

This would now be possible... since 'Britain' is no longer a thorn in your back.... and that the prior/previous 'Naval-Blockade'... is now a thing of the past.

So!... Accomplish what you now wish to accomplish!... such as for example... now you would have 'Malta' under your jurisdiction [No-More-Issues with Supplies to North or East Africa]... after the British Capitulation.

If you so now choose... you could go help out 'Mussolini' in 'East-Africa' to fight the 'Ethiopians'... in order to gain 'Mussolini's' trust and confidence... and have him as a stronger more loyal 'Ally'.

With 'Mussolini's' new aquisitions in 'East-Africa'... he would now have access to 'Oil-Supplies' and 'Strategic-Metals' either from Africa itself... or by means of imports by using the 'Suez-Canal'. He-Mussolini... could now afford to 'Upgrade' or improve the quality of his Military Equipment... and he would also have sufficient fuel-stocks for his large 'Naval-Fleet'. Mussolini was also rapidly modernizing his 'Naval-Ships'... and having 'Aircraft-Carries' being built!.

What-ever else that you wish to accomplish first before considering 'Russia'... will be left up to how 'Kerensky'... would have it detailed out... those situations would now be in his jurisdiction.
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

1 C is my own choice for one I'd like to see - The battles against the French 3rd Armoured Division near Bulson and Chemery and covering up to the 17 May 1940. Could be a decent map! The Grossdeutschland Div's action at Stonne was part of that too.
And there are several other good suggestions I'd like to see for that theatre. A tough choice, but I'd pick 3D and 4C, with a tip of the hat to 5A :)
Kiane
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kiane »

All in on 4A, captured planes. That's 2 votes because mine is already on the board.
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

I am going for the 2 Italian options. Perhaps I have too many fond memories of the CVT in Spain but it would be interesting to see how they fared a few years on and before they get outclassed in North Africa!
So my 2C Italians in the Alps and 5E PanzerCro's Italians in the Balkans (Would be happy to see the Alps battle as the start of that series!).

For my last pick I think the easy one is 2B by Nexusno2000 the No Puzzle Scenario as I expect Kerensky received enough grief over Czechoslovakia to last a lifetime. Personally, I liked that scenario!

Cheers

Schneides
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

copy post
Last edited by Kerensky on Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Czechoslovakia didn't cause too much grief, not nearly as much as Spanish Civil War AI Allies. After all, Czech was but one scenario, where SCW was all but 2 or 3 scenarios.

The current leaders are hugely unexpected.

wtf is Battle of Hannut, I don't think I've ever heard of that being covered in any game? :shock:

and the other leader is 'aircraft only battle'. Guys, the game is called Panzer Corps 2, not Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. You're breaking my balls here. :lol: :lol:

But seriously, keep the bets coming. And if you want to try to make my life hell with an 'aircraft only battle' by all means carry on! :mrgreen:
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Waffenamt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:27 am 1 C is my own choice for one I'd like to see - The battles against the French 3rd Armoured Division near Bulson and Chemery and covering up to the 17 May 1940. Could be a decent map! The Grossdeutschland Div's action at Stonne was part of that too.
And there are several other good suggestions I'd like to see for that theatre. A tough choice, but I'd pick 3D and 4C, with a tip of the hat to 5A :)
Kiane wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:25 am All in on 4A, captured planes. That's 2 votes because mine is already on the board.
Schneides42 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 am I am going for the 2 Italian options. Perhaps I have too many fond memories of the CVT in Spain but it would be interesting to see how they fared a few years on and before they get outclassed in North Africa!
So my 2C Italians in the Alps and 5E PanzerCro's Italians in the Balkans (Would be happy to see the Alps battle as the start of that series!).

For my last pick I think the easy one is 2B by Nexusno2000 the No Puzzle Scenario as I expect Kerensky received enough grief over Czechoslovakia to last a lifetime. Personally, I liked that scenario!

Cheers

Schneides
Retributarr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:40 pm "I Vote For"... 5B Retributarr Hypothetical early East Front, 5A & 2C [Alpine Fortifications might also have 'Mine-Fields' around them???]
All bets added, thanks!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

My vote: 4B, 4C & 2C (Vive la France)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

terminator wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:33 pm My vote: 4B, 4C & 2C (Vive la France)
Hannut is in Belgium but the French army fought there and did it well
I'm very disappointed by your choice :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”