update question

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

plaudern
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

update question

Post by plaudern » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:05 pm

I've downloaded and updated the latest version. I save the download file and double click and choose extract. I get a popup with several DLC choices and a "OOB WWII" choice which I pick and everything appears to work and when I start the game it has the correct version number listed and the game works normally.

The question: does this update all the DLC's that I own as well, or do I need to separately update those?

Thank you,
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but my searching turned up "nada"

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: update question

Post by bru888 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Each patch has DLC updates that are automatically applied whether you own them or not. If you look "under the hood," you see that your game installation comes with all DLC campaigns released to date and that is true of every new program version. Of course, you need the purchased keys to access them beyond the initial scenario in each campaign, IIRC. But yes, with version 8.6.0 you should have every DLC updated, from U.S. Pacific all the way to Red Storm.
- Bru

plaudern

Post by plaudern » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks for the info

Nice quick reply bru :)

I've just gotten back into OOB, bought OOB pacific when it first came out; I was impressed then, and I'm still impressed.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 pm

My pleasure. Hopefully you will buy more DLCs and keep in mind that owning just one DLC unlocks the possibility of playing custom content created by the community.
- Bru

plaudern

Post by plaudern » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 pm

I’ve got nine DLCs currently, counting boot camp, I haven’t played them all yet. I’m saving several of the campaigns until I’m better and have time. The most fun you have with a campaign is the first time you run through it, for the obvious reasons; assuming you have the mechanics of the game reasonably understood.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”