Battle Academy for Mac?

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Battle Academy for Mac?

Post by mpetri » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 am

Quick question—- does the original Battle Academy work for Mac? I haven’t been able to find it anywhere and would really love to play this again.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battle Academy for Mac?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:01 pm

It is a 32bit game, and so that is likely the reason we stopped selling it. If you own the game you can still download the 32bit installer if your OSX supports it. Apple's lack of backward compatibility likely makes it unplayable though, sorry!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

mpetri

Post by mpetri » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:23 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:01 pm
It is a 32bit game, and so that is likely the reason we stopped selling it. If you own the game you can still download the 32bit installer if your OSX supports it. Apple's lack of backward compatibility likely makes it unplayable though, sorry!

Cheers

Pip
What is the 32 bit installer? Does it work with Mac? I don’t really know a lot about computers and software, so I’m sorry if it’s an obvious question. It’s a shame that the software problem meant you guys kinda had to give up on this series, I bought both Battle Academy and Battle Academy 2 years ago in high school on my iPad and loved both dearly.

On a side note, is there even a slight possibility of a Battle Academy 3 in the future?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Fundamentally, no - you cannot run any version of BA on OSX (or iOS) any more unless you have a machine which still runs an older version of their OSes.

You can likely run any Windows version on your Mac using Parallels.

BA3 is definitely something we would love to be able to announce! So never say never.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

mpetri

Post by mpetri » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:26 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 pm
Fundamentally, no - you cannot run any version of BA on OSX (or iOS) any more unless you have a machine which still runs an older version of their OSes.

You can likely run any Windows version on your Mac using Parallels.

BA3 is definitely something we would love to be able to announce! So never say never.

Cheers

Pip
Ohh ok, got it. Thanks for the information and the prompt response!

And fingers crossed, I would be first in line to buy Battle Academy 3 if it ever comes out!

Return to “Battle Academy”