Invasion Xbox help

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
rustyg201
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Invasion Xbox help

Post by rustyg201 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi all, loved playing this and reminiscing about FG1 all those years ago. Recently completed my first invasion play through. Played onslaught (only the promo one for now- 22nd can’t come quickly enough) and I received a monster hunter unit as a reward . Could someone please help me figure out where I should have journeyed to get flying units for my invasion army?
Thanks

ObG_Chris
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Re: Invasion Xbox help

Post by ObG_Chris » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 am

Hi rustyg201,

The mission to permanently recruit flying units in invasion is only available if you own onslaught as flying units were originally part of that dlc. You will unfortunately have to wait for the 22nd to play with flying units. On the upside the mission will appear in existing playthroughs after you progressed far enough in the story.

rustyg201

Post by rustyg201 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Thank you for responding and I reiterate, the 22nd cannot come fast enough. I purchased the entire game plus DLC on Xbox (only 1 option was available), so 🤞

You alluded to a mission that it would appear isn’t currently in the Xbox playthrough. I’m running through a second time and would hate to miss it - should I stop before leaving the highlands? Thanks again.

rustyg201

Post by rustyg201 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Sorry, I purchased Xbox and the onslaught
mission with “the curse” was a part of the game download. I understand this was recently released on pc and the Xbox onslaught mission should be available on the 22nd. I therefore assume the DLC was part of the purchase but even if it wasn’t, it would be worth every penny. Thanks again for a great game, truly enjoying it!

ObG_Chris
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by ObG_Chris » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 am

As far as I know there currently isn't any option to buy the Onslaught DLC on console. What you got is a free campaign that was added to the pc game in a patch (and was included in the first console release).
What might make this a little confusing is that "The Curse" is available from the "Onslaught" button.

Basically Onslaught is a new gamemode that was added with the Onslaught DLC but "The Curse" doesn't require the DLC. Once you actually buy the dlc you will get another Onslaught Campaign called "The Amulet of Power" and the aforementioned mission "Eagle’s Eyrie" which will unlock flying units for "Invasion". You won't miss out on this mission as it is always available after "Clanhold of Machnar" or "Iseal". So if you want to prepare to get the most out of flyers finish any of those missions and then stop there. I would suggest though that you start a new campaign once you get the Onslaught DLC as it will also add new artefacts to the loottables.

And some shameless self promotion :D. Depending on which experience you enjoy ("Invasion" or "The Curse") you might also want to look into the second DLC available on the 22nd "Empire Aflame" which will be a campaign in the style of "Invasion" but from the Empire side after the events of "Invasion".

rustyg201

Post by rustyg201 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 am

Thanks again, and if I interpret your email literally, there will be two console dlc’s available for purchase on the 22nd? onslaught and empire aflame? Cheers

OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Yes, though release may be a little delayed due to issues on PS4 and us needing to sim-ship console versions.
Making Fantasy General 2

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”