Don't put mines in a gold flag hex

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

gunny
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Don't put mines in a gold flag hex

Post by gunny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 am

uh, The end of the scenario gave me a Draw on something I played even though I had captured all of the primary hexes, killed ever enemy unit, captured all the secondary hexes blah blah blah but I noticed I had placed mines in one of the primary gold hexes at the beginning of the scenario cause the thing said don't let this hex be captured but then it gave me a draw I had to use I got nukes to keep things going woo hoo. So I think mines placed in a capture hex primary or secondary makes it think it does not have your flag raised over it ...

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Don't put mines in a gold flag hex

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 am

gunny wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 am
So I think mines placed in a capture hex primary or secondary makes it think it does not have your flag raised over it ...
Usually no. The "hex ownership" condition with these kind of objectives doesn't care about the unit type (unless you have to have one of your units stationed there: mines are neutral).

What scen/campaign are you playing? If it's custom, it's probably rather a trigger error.

gunny

Post by gunny » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 am

Hey Gabe its custom one of the battles of the US Corps 44-45 ver 1.5 Its a great time playing this campaign can't remember which battle between cotentin or rur .. woo hoo

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 am

gunny wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 am
Hey Gabe its custom one of the battles of the US Corps 44-45 ver 1.5 Its a great time playing this campaign can't remember which battle between cotentin or rur .. woo hoo
OK, if you can remember the scen name, you could drop a line in Erik's campaign thread. Thanks.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”