Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3038
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by goose_2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:39 pm

Ultimate is for the seriously insane. Fighting through the Kursk maps has proven that.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

faos333
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by faos333 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm
I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.2 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

kop101
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by kop101 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm

faos333 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Game rules:

Classic (1.14)
New (1.20)
PzC2 (2.0)

McGuba
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1361
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by McGuba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm

faos333 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
nikivdd wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm
I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Well said. I want to believe there is still hope for a PzC 1 update some day. There are many things which should be fixed or improved.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969

PeteMitchell
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by PeteMitchell » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

McGuba wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm
faos333 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
nikivdd wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm
I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Well said. I want to believe there is still hope for a PzC 1 update some day. There are many things which should be fixed or improved.
There is a long list: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=100067
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 am

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by proline » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:01 am

I bought PzC2 but never played it once. It doesn't work on my Mac. I knew that going in, but paid anyways because I want to see Panzer General live on.

I also explained to Slitherine clearly during the beta that the units aren't going to be identifiable when seen from above and covered in shadow, but they just kept saying 3D! 3D! 3D!.

It's dreadful that a turn based board game requires as much graphics power as playing Fortnite- your PC should be idle 99.9% of the time you are playing it yet instead it's burning energy. The sheer hostility shown towards not only Apple but Apple's users also sucks. They went out of their way to support the Apple ecosystem as poorly as possible. Refusing to support any iPad screen resolutions bigger than 1024x768, refusing to fix any of the Mac bugs, and refusing to release the iPad version for the M1 Macs.

okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by okiemcguire » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm

I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3038
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by goose_2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm

okiemcguire wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm
I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Ursulet
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by Ursulet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:58 pm

goose_2 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm
okiemcguire wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm
I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
My son told me about the us corps! I had never played it, started it yesterday. I watched your vidéos, first encounter with the germans and loved the idea if having the 75 arty turned into a wolverine once it has 2 stars.

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4250
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by nikivdd » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

goose_2 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm
okiemcguire wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm
I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
Goose, don't tell me that i managed to derail you *grin*
If you can send me a link to your youtube channel, i'd gladly watch some of the US campaign scenarios you played.
If you're feeling bored or something, perhaps you can give the first part of the US 50 State Tour campaign a try.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 3038
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by goose_2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:33 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm
goose_2 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm
okiemcguire wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm
I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
Goose, don't tell me that i managed to derail you *grin*
If you can send me a link to your youtube channel, i'd gladly watch some of the US campaign scenarios you played.
If you're feeling bored or something, perhaps you can give the first part of the US 50 State Tour campaign a try.

Here is my channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQSh ... er6cP1syLQ
I am looking forward to trying out more and more mods. as of right now I have too much on my plate. I am sure it will get on my list sometime...

Why would anyone ever play another game? ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Ursulet
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by Ursulet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Steel panther was also a great game in the early 2000s.

okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by okiemcguire » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 pm

Btw.. if anybody knows how to apply mods to the IPad versions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ursulet
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by Ursulet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm

You cant.

guille1434
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Posts: 2674
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by guille1434 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm
I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
Those would have been my exact words, also. I would gladly pay the same (or some more) amount of money for a PzCorps v1.5 instead of buying any other different, new game...

Also, it was too bad that no one from the developers team bothered to drop at least a comment in the very interesting thread about what would be desirable for such a version of the game, compiled by various forum members and full mostly of very good ideas...

PeteMitchell
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by PeteMitchell » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:49 pm

We had even done a survey regarding what amount of money people would be willing to pay for an updated version... I think it was on average around 50 USD.
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:43 am
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by TSPC37730 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:12 am

PeteMitchell wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:49 pm
We had even done a survey regarding what amount of money people would be willing to pay for an updated version... I think it was on average around 50 USD.
And I'm still willing to pay. So there's that.

Enry1977
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by Enry1977 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:22 am

Where can i put my money for v 1.5? :D

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”