The Tragedy of Panzer Corps for Mac...

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

The Tragedy of Panzer Corps for Mac...

Post by proline » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:33 am

...is that it's actually a great game on older iPads with 1024x768 screens. And because Apple Silicon can run iPad games natively, it could be a great Apple Silicon Mac game. All Slitherine would have to do is spend a day or two allowing it to support higher resolutions which can be done easily using Apple's Catalyst software.

Instead, we got the short live Panzer Corps for Mac. It made your Mac run hot and have zero battery life and was buggy as hell. It was only serviceable for two years before it's decades old 32 bit APIs, which had been deprecated for ages at the time of release, were no longer supported at all. It got just one feeble update.

Would Slitherine spend an afternoon getting Panzer Corps for Mac working again?

guidomonaco
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: The Tragedy of Panzer Corps for Mac...

Post by guidomonaco » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:51 am

I Totally agree with you. My MacBook Air M1 needs Panzer Cops. I spent on it lot of hours, and now? Be Kind, developers!! don't abandon yours old customs!!

proline

Post by proline » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:02 am

guidomonaco wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:51 am
I Totally agree with you. My MacBook Air M1 needs Panzer Cops. I spent on it lot of hours, and now? Be Kind, developers!! don't abandon yours old customs!!
Still nothing.

Yrfin

Post by Yrfin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:56 pm

proline wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:02 am
guidomonaco wrote:
Still nothing.
Echo...
Why ?! Why what !? Why not...

heinzrondorf
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by heinzrondorf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:46 pm

guidomonaco wrote:
I am considering buying a Macbook Pro with the M-chip. If we leave the Panzer Corps 32/64-bit OS issues aside that started with macOS Catalina... is it even possible to run the Mac version of Panzer Corps if you were to install macOS High Sierra on such a modern Macbook?

I am currently playing the Mac version of Panzer Corps by dual booting between Big Sur and High Sierra on my 2015 Macbook Pro and wonder if that would even be possible with a contemporary Macbook?

proline

Post by proline » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:33 am

heinzrondorf wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:46 pm
guidomonaco wrote:
I am considering buying a Macbook Pro with the M-chip. If we leave the Panzer Corps 32/64-bit OS issues aside that started with macOS Catalina... is it even possible to run the Mac version of Panzer Corps if you were to install macOS High Sierra on such a modern Macbook?

I am currently playing the Mac version of Panzer Corps by dual booting between Big Sur and High Sierra on my 2015 Macbook Pro and wonder if that would even be possible with a contemporary Macbook?
It is not possible. M1 MacBooks can only run Big Sur as it is the only version of macOS compiled for ARM. However the PzC iPad version is 64 bit, unlike the Mac version which was 32 bit, so there's no reason the iOS PzC wouldn't run on Apple Silicon if Slitherine allowed it.

heinzrondorf
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by heinzrondorf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:16 pm

proline wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:33 am
It is not possible. M1 MacBooks can only run Big Sur as it is the only version of macOS compiled for ARM. However the PzC iPad version is 64 bit, unlike the Mac version which was 32 bit, so there's no reason the iOS PzC wouldn't run on Apple Silicon if Slitherine allowed it.
Thanks for confirming. It's a big bummer for me personally as I want to buy the M1 MacBook but I really want to be able to play PzC on it. It is the only game I play and buying PzC2 is not an option since it is not available in a native macOS version! So I guess unless a solution is found, when I do buy a M1 MacBook, that is the end of PzC for me :( because I cannot bring two laptops with me when I am travelling...

Return to “Panzer Corps”