DLC Questions

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

davidhansen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

DLC Questions

Post by davidhansen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Finished the vanilla grand campaign...questions about the DLC's:
*...are they "harder" than the base game?
*...are there different features/options available that were not included in the base game?
*...given some of the postings about the SCW...thinking about starting with 1939...pros/cons?

TXS

adiekmann
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: DLC Questions

Post by adiekmann » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:53 pm

No, like all the campaigns, it varies from scenario to scenario. Some are, and some even are easier, but on average no. It is not easier nor harder.

I think SCW still is overall the most challenging of the three DLCs mainly because of the tricky control you have over infantry, but I still enjoy it and do not for one minute regret buying it. Plus, your units are all starting with zero experience. It is important to understand the importance of capturing enemy equipment, properly using the AI commands for the Nationalist infantry units, and supporting them, however, if you do not want to struggle. Furthermore, if you really need some direct control of infantry, you can purchase some Italian auxiliary units (including infantry). Most maps in SCW I don't need them, but there is at least one where I feel it is a must (Ebro). Plus, in some of the patches they actually made some of the hardest maps in SCW a bit easier to handle, so careful with some of those posts as they may have been written before those patches and not necessarily completely true anymore.

The vanilla campaign in PC2 is by far the best of the stock campaigns among the trio of PG2, PC1, and PC2. However I always prefer the DLC campaigns because they emphasize some of the attributes that I have always loved most about this series in general: building a personalized core with rewards, heroes, and accumulated experience. All of these DLCs do that well. So, if you enjoyed those aspects of the game from playing the vanilla campaign, it is even better in the DLCs due to their longer/growing length.

I applaud the designers/devs for being courageous and willing to take some calculated risks to ensure they are different and not too repetitive, and I think for the most part they have succeeded in doing that. Of course, there are some "misses" but they are learning and I found the most recent one, AO1940, easily the best of the three thus far. But I am not a 12 year old kid busting my butt collecting aluminum cans to scrounge up enough money to buy a video game any more :lol: , so $15 is not a big deal even if I ended up not liking it that much. So, it comes down to you. Results may vary. :D

Bee1976
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Bee1976 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:08 am

I really enjoyed that SCW DLC.

Something completly new. New Maps, new battles, playing with "old" hardware. Some fights are tough, but you experience milestones in history like one of the last cavallery-attacks in the battle of teruel (?).

As mentioned, this was a real cool dlc

In all DLCs u get as new features:
- a new System with Commendation-Points, that u can earn and spend fpr hardware, prototypes, heroes
- allied forces controlled by half ki (scw) and full ki (ao 40)
- uncommen units like the verdeja
- a nice story
- optional battles and scenarios
- easter eggs
- Wagner! :D
- new commander traits ? (im unsure if they are patched in for base game and gc, or if u need the dlc - but some funny and nice choices to make)

If u ask me, its worth it. Im playing ao40 atm, and it makes me sad. i will have it finished soon an i know, i have to wait 1-3 month for the nex dlc. im trying to play as slow as possible, but well the sad day is coming near :)

As mentioned i enjoy that DLCS, and i cant wait for more. i wish there would be an ultra grand campaign :]

sorry for my english, but i hope this helps you a little

davidhansen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by davidhansen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:58 pm

TXS guys.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”