Orenthal Raid AO 1939 DLC

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

toddacox
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Orenthal Raid AO 1939 DLC

Post by toddacox » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 pm

When I complete the raid on Orenthal (one of the bonus objectives), in the scenario of the same name in the AO 1939 DLC, it shows me completing it as soon as I occupy the hex. Since the objective is a raid, on the next turn I leave. The scenario seems to take the bonus back away from me once French troops occupy the hex.

I raided Orenthal immediately, since most of my troops were basically there. I believe I had only taken two or so other victory hexes at the time.

Is this a bug? I haven't tried yet, but do you have to take the raid on Orenthal as your last action?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Orenthal Raid AO 1939 DLC

Post by Kerensky » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:19 pm

Short answer: Its a UI thing, dont worry about it.

Long answer:
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=100028

What is an objective to 'raid' a location?

The ongoing quest to diversify mission objective types uses a lot of different language for Victory Hex management.

Capture: The standard format, go on the attack, and grab all the terrain, and usually the mission will end the moment you capture and have ownership of every single Victory Hex.
Control/Hold: For defensive missions. It is not enough to have ownership of the required VH, you need to make sure to have that ownership satisfied on the very last turn of the scenario.
Raid: The new type, pretty exclusively used for bonus objectives only. This is satisfied on the spot the instant such a hex is occupied. Meaning you need to fight to the VH, take control of it, and then you are free to abandon it and fall back. This is important for hit and run type attacks, where such a location might be very deep behind enemy lines, and holding on to it in the face of approaching enemy reinforcements is not feasible because it is such a tenuous position.

toddacox

Re: Orenthal Raid AO 1939 DLC

Post by toddacox » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:15 am

Thank you for the response.

I figured there was a UI issue regarding the bonus objective showing as 0/1, but what further confused me was that the scenario didn’t stop. Is that the design of this scenario, that it runs the full number of turns? I expected it to end once I had all of the objectives.

Long time PC1 player and I’m really enjoying SCW and AO39.

I wish there was an ability in PC2 to look at a saved game and see a report of every scenario along with a objectives accomplished, missed, and prestige stats. Would be interesting to compare play throughs.

Thanks again.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”