Scenario end.

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

stormbringer3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Scenario end.

Post by stormbringer3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm

There's a thread on steam asking that if you win early, with turns left, do you lose the RPs that you would accumulate per turn. One answer says you get them and two answers say you lose them. Which is correct?
Thanks.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Scenario end.

Post by bru888 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:46 pm

I am not official, but the consensus seems to be that yes, you do receive the RPs that would have been yours if the scenario had gone the full number of turns. When forum members were discussing this sometime ago, I compiled these notes:

Resource Points Formula

Opening RP's for this scenario + (RP's per turn x number of turns) - RP's used during scenario + RP's earned or given during scenario + Opening RP's for next scenario = Total RP's to begin next scenario

This part of the formula is the same whether you win early or play the scenario out to the end and still win: (RP's per turn x number of turns)
- Bru

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Thank you.

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:52 pm

A minor addition: You do get a bit more RPs if you go to the full number of turns. This is because you receive one extra... portion ;) of per turn RPs: say you have a 20 turn scenario, if you play all the turns, you get RPs for turn 21 also. Usually I don't bother.

The Resource Points Formula seems to lack one factor: 0.5 x RP's used during scenario to repair aux units are added/credited in the beginning of the next scenario.

-----

Hope you have been well, Bru. :) Heh, my account still works.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:14 pm

CoolDTA wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:52 pm
The Resource Points Formula seems to lack one factor: 0.5 x RP's used during scenario to repair aux units are added/credited in the beginning of the next scenario.
I am well, thanks. Good point; I have heard (i.e., read) this before. Is this true? Why would the game refund half of RPs used to repair aux units and none for core units?
- Bru

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:33 pm

bru888 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:14 pm
I have heard (i.e., read) this before. Is this true? Why would the game refund half of RPs used to repair aux units and none for core units?
Yes, I've experimented with it (as have others I'm sure) and it works. I guess the idea is to motivate the player to repair aux units also to get more out of them. For me it has worked and I repair aux units much more often than in the beginning.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:51 pm

CoolDTA wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:33 pm
bru888 wrote:
I have heard (i.e., read) this before. Is this true? Why would the game refund half of RPs used to repair aux units and none for core units?
Yes, I've experimented with it (as have others I'm sure) and it works. I guess the idea is to motivate the player to repair aux units also to get more out of them. For me it has worked and I repair aux units much more often than in the beginning.
Thanks. Revision:

Resource Points Formula

+ Opening RP balance for current scenario
+ (RP income per turn x number of turns)
+ RP's earned or given during scenario
- RP's used during scenario for repairs
+ (0.5 x RP's used during scenario to repair aux units)
+ Opening RP's assigned for next scenario
= Total RP's to begin next scenario

This part of the formula is the same whether you win early or play the scenario out to the end and still win: (RP income per turn x number of turns)
- Bru

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 pm

CoolDTA wrote:
A minor addition: You do get a bit more RPs if you go to the full number of turns.
I'm not sure if that's still the case. I think there was some work done on the "scen turn limit" thingy.
bru888 wrote:
Is this true?
Yep.
CoolDTA wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:33 pm
I guess the idea is to motivate the player to repair aux units also to get more out of them. For me it has worked and I repair aux units much more often than in the beginning.
Yeah, same for me. It changed my attitude towards them aux units from "cannon fodder" to "useful"... :wink:

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:33 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 pm
CoolDTA wrote:
A minor addition: You do get a bit more RPs if you go to the full number of turns.
I'm not sure if that's still the case. I think there was some work done on the "scen turn limit" thingy.
Well, I tried it with Trondheim (Allies Defiant) since I have a suitable save and you do get an extra 15 RPs if you go to the full number of turns. Maybe the changes/work do not apply to this issue?

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:11 am

CoolDTA wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:33 pm
Well, I tried it with Trondheim (Allies Defiant) since I have a suitable save and you do get an extra 15 RPs if you go to the full number of turns. Maybe the changes/work do not apply to this issue?
OK, thanks, I see. Then it's still like that. A mini-exploit... :D

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 am

A very 'mini' for sure but in a pinch every RP counts. :)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”