The Edmon AO39 Ultimate Challenge

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: The Edmon AO39 Ultimate Challenge

Post by Kerensky » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:51 am

Probably the only time ever someone is complaining about getting TWO envelopment heroes from their Killer Team rolls. Everyone else is convinced that is a game breaking hero because of it's combo potential.

But as soon as you hit a few switches and change up the underlying rules of gameplay... It's like a whole new game. :twisted:

Also I'm pretty sure that distraction hero is just your bright pink tank joke coming back to haunt you.

monkspider
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by monkspider » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm

Watching you struggle over the choices was painful! You are one brave man. The double envelopment was hilarious! Either that is going to be completely useless or an absolute godsend.

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:44 pm

monkspider wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm
Watching you struggle over the choices was painful! You are one brave man. The double envelopment was hilarious! Either that is going to be completely useless or an absolute godsend.
The painful part is when all the easy takes are gone and your left with the truly horrorible stuff to do to yourself.

Spoiler alert, envelopment heroes are 100% useless.

monkspider
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by monkspider » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Edmon wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:44 pm
monkspider wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm
The painful part is when all the easy takes are gone and your left with the truly horrorible stuff to do to yourself.

Spoiler alert, envelopment heroes are 100% useless.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious! One of the most OP heroes, and you got two of them at a time you need good heroes but by a twist of fate they are completely useless.

scott_mathieson
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by scott_mathieson » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:02 pm

i had thought that would be the case the traits seem to be applied after the heroes, entrenchment killer x3 will have the 3 level removal but only 2 if you have trench slog. i have noticed more and more that ineffective supply has a nasty habit off stopping units later on in a map with do little fuel nastier than you think.

Tassadar
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Tassadar » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:05 pm

I feel... inspired by those two first episodes. Might be brewing something after 1941 and being done with 4 AARs . :)

monkspider
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by monkspider » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:04 am

That was quite a cliffhanger, will you be able to dislodge that tank without killing it? We will have to stay tuned I guess. You took a different route than the one I normally take. I like bringing a bridge engineer down toward's the southwest (in the area your recon car was encircled) and using it to cross.

Vorskl
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Vorskl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:29 am

Edmon,
my respect for choosing such a crazy set of traits and being 'rewarded' with useless heroes.
You have the balls as thick as Ferdinand front armor!

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:50 am

Vorskl wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:29 am
Edmon,
my respect for choosing such a crazy set of traits and being 'rewarded' with useless heroes.
I think people would have respected me taking a re-roll, but I thought, ah what the hell...

Vorskl

Post by Vorskl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:36 am

Edmon wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:50 am
Vorskl wrote:
Edmon,
I think people would have respected me taking a re-roll, but I thought, ah what the hell...
Fully agree. My concern though is this: just like uber-4 is set to eventually become boring, your toooooo many negs may make the gameplay boring as well (but in a different way) - at the end of the day, you have no surrender, fuel issues etc... so your tactics will have to be one-sided as well.

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Vorskl wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:36 am
Edmon wrote:
Vorskl wrote:
Edmon,
Fully agree. My concern though is this: just like uber-4 is set to eventually become boring, your toooooo many negs may make the gameplay boring as well (but in a different way) - at the end of the day, you have no surrender, fuel issues etc... so your tactics will have to be one-sided as well.
If by "one-sided" you mean incredibly violent and desperate, then yes :D.

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Retributarr » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Edmon, it seems that you are intent on revisiting and doing a 'Re-Run' of a now more modern version of... "The charge of the Light-Brigade"... which I think took place in 'Gallipoli'!.

Vorskl

Post by Vorskl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:05 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:58 pm
Edmon, it seems that you are intent on revisiting and doing a 'Re-Run' of a now more modern version of... "The charge of the Light-Brigade"... which I think took place in 'Gallipoli'!.
Gallipoli? It's been during one of the Crimean wars

monkspider
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by monkspider » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:46 am

I enjoyed the deployment episode, you managed your heroes very intelligently but it is so strange to me that you have such a huge reserve!
Until your video I didn't even know there was an upgraded version of the 88 but it appears there is no statistical difference between the two anyway.

Vorskl

Post by Vorskl » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:19 am

monkspider wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:46 am
I enjoyed the deployment episode, you managed your heroes very intelligently but it is so strange to me that you have such a huge reserve!
Until your video I didn't even know there was an upgraded version of the 88 but it appears there is no statistical difference between the two anyway.
Me too, though I suspect it's the same story as soviet 152mm guns of 1910 and 1937 models

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am

monkspider wrote:
This is a continuation from the SCW campaign I just finished. I stocked up on various units in my reserve to keep my cash reserves tight.

Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Vorskl wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:19 am
monkspider wrote:
Me too, though I suspect it's the same story as soviet 152mm guns of 1910 and 1937 models
It's also similar for light German AA guns (2 cm and 3.7 cm) as well if I remember correctly. Just a little flavor adjustment to represent the different production models used, but the differences between them we so small that they do not justify modified stats. As long as they just replace the old model it's actually a nice little addition that does not change the gameplay, but somehow feels right.

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by eddieballgame » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:57 pm

I would suggest to those that have not tuned in to this particular series...do so.
Quite possibly some of the most instructive videos to date on the pluses & minuses of traits & heroes.
Grant it, not many (any?) would attempt to play on these settings...but fun to watch just the same.
Last edited by eddieballgame on Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Vorskl wrote:
Edmon wrote:
Vorskl wrote:
Edmon,
I just wanted to come with an update now this campaign has been going on for a bit...
Entertaining.png
Entertaining.png (16.72 KiB) Viewed 60 times
I don't think it's gotten boring, at all :D.

Vorskl

Post by Vorskl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Edmon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 pm
Vorskl wrote:
Edmon wrote:

I just wanted to come with an update now this campaign has been going on for a bit...

Entertaining.png

I don't think it's gotten boring, at all :D.
I know, I closely follow you and surprised Bzura is going on so smoothly. What you do with bridgepioneers is amazing.

FYI - in the after war Soviet Army, there were special construction troops created called Stroybat (an acronym of Russian Construction Battalion). These consisted of the worst of the worst conscripts - sick, illiterate, with a shady background (no criminals though) and were not given any weapon, only shovels and pickaxes. A common joke was that Storybat warriors are so fierce and wild that they'll beat NATO troops with bare hands and shovels. Now.. your Bzura videos prove the joke had some truth in it :)
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (96.29 KiB) Viewed 56 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”