Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Post Reply
eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by eddieballgame » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Being able to add 'experience points' to units via the Editor when creating a scenario is a nice feature.
What I would like to be able to do is add heroes to specific units.
This would allow for one to create scenarios with a bit more accuracy per historical battles.
Thoughts?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7548
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Kerensky » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:42 pm

All hero assignment is done via a script in the editor that calls on LUA functions.

For examples to learn from and reserve engineer, you can look at practically any of the DLC scenarios, because one of the new features of the DLC was to start populating maps with enemy heroes, where the base game has none of that.

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by eddieballgame » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Thank you, sir...much appreciated.

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Catacol » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm

Kerensky - any chance we can have the editor upgraded so that we dont have to engineer units in some way to get a hero? I havent purchased all the DLC yet and from the base game would like to put heroes onto units in designed scenarios especially for multiplayer - but I have no idea how to do it. There is a "button" on the editor to allow a player to have heroes - same with traits - but it doesnt seem to work.....

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by eddieballgame » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Catacol wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm
Kerensky - any chance we can have the editor upgraded so that we dont have to engineer units in some way to get a hero? I havent purchased all the DLC yet and from the base game would like to put heroes onto units in designed scenarios especially for multiplayer - but I have no idea how to do it. There is a "button" on the editor to allow a player to have heroes - same with traits - but it doesnt seem to work.....
I found this which might be useful.
https://www.naguide.com/panzer-corps-2- ... -commands/

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Catacol » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

eddieballgame wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:11 pm
Catacol wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm
Kerensky - any chance we can have the editor upgraded so that we dont have to engineer units in some way to get a hero? I havent purchased all the DLC yet and from the base game would like to put heroes onto units in designed scenarios especially for multiplayer - but I have no idea how to do it. There is a "button" on the editor to allow a player to have heroes - same with traits - but it doesnt seem to work.....
I found this which might be useful.
https://www.naguide.com/panzer-corps-2- ... -commands/
Thanks but this doesnt really help in scenario design. If the only way to get access to the LUA scripts that setup heros is to buy the DLC I guess I'll have to do it, but it wasn't top of my preference list!

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by eddieballgame » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:32 pm

Catacol wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm
eddieballgame wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:11 pm
Catacol wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm
Kerensky - any chance we can have the editor upgraded so that we dont have to engineer units in some way to get a hero? I havent purchased all the DLC yet and from the base game would like to put heroes onto units in designed scenarios especially for multiplayer - but I have no idea how to do it. There is a "button" on the editor to allow a player to have heroes - same with traits - but it doesnt seem to work.....
I found this which might be useful.
https://www.naguide.com/panzer-corps-2- ... -commands/
Thanks but this doesnt really help in scenario design. If the only way to get access to the LUA scripts that setup heros is to buy the DLC I guess I'll have to do it, but it wasn't top of my preference list!
Per this game, I have purchased all the DLCs & have not regretted it.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7548
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Kerensky » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Catacol wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks but this doesnt really help in scenario design. If the only way to get access to the LUA scripts that setup heros is to buy the DLC I guess I'll have to do it, but it wasn't top of my preference list!
The DLC is not required to make any of the new LUA script functions work. Same goes with access to new units such as all the Spanish Civil War rosters... All functionality is baked into the base version of the game through game updates.

But it is a huge knowledge base of examples of various new mechanisms in action (ripe for reserve engineering), and a ready made campaign for players to immediately play. :)

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Catacol » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:32 am

Kerensky wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:45 pm
Catacol wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks but this doesnt really help in scenario design. If the only way to get access to the LUA scripts that setup heros is to buy the DLC I guess I'll have to do it, but it wasn't top of my preference list!
The DLC is not required to make any of the new LUA script functions work. Same goes with access to new units such as all the Spanish Civil War rosters... All functionality is baked into the base version of the game through game updates.

But it is a huge knowledge base of examples of various new mechanisms in action (ripe for reserve engineering), and a ready made campaign for players to immediately play. :)
Just decided to buy all the DLC content so now I have it - but cant find any of the campaign related files to have a look at in order to "reverse engineer" and work out how to use heroes, traits etc in multiplayer. Where do scenario files for the DLC sit? How can I access them to have a look?

Tassadar
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Tassadar » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am

It's PanzerCorps2\Content\Campaigns in the installation folder. There's a folder for each campaign and sub-folders for missions.

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Catacol » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:05 pm

deleted
Last edited by Catacol on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Adding Heroes in Created Scenarios

Post by Catacol » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Tassadar wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am
It's PanzerCorps2\Content\Campaigns in the installation folder. There's a folder for each campaign and sub-folders for missions.
Thanks - ah.....the old base game vs save game folder thing! Dont know why scenario save files go to a different place - didnt check the base game installation folders. All explained.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”