Panzer Corps2 inauguration tournament

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

urbanov4
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Panzer Corps2 inauguration tournament

Post by urbanov4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 am

Hi folks. I am happy to be involved in the first tournament (at least the first that I saw) of Panzer Corps 2. I open this topic to talk about excperinces and ideas of the tournament. I am sure, a good strategy game can be interesting in longer terms if there is possibility to play good multiplayer games. If this tournament works I'd be happy it there were organized tournaments regularly. Maybe it was nice if the winners (or the first 3) could get some reward, that would make it much more fun and players would take games more serioesly. If it is possible, I'd pay a not too big entry-fee too for a good tournament. It would be nice much more multiplayer maps too.

What do you think guys?

Folklore
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps2 inauguration tournament

Post by Folklore » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 pm

I only play PC2 for multiplayer and I was excited about the tournament. But I see that according to the tournament page about half of the entrants didn't even do their first move. Why would you join a tournament if you are not going to play it?
Also, I wish there was some kind of notification in the game's main menu and notification to your e-mail so people would know their turn is up.

Dimonikus

Post by Dimonikus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Folklore wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 pm
I wish there was some kind of notification in the game's main menu and notification to your e-mail so people would know their turn is up.
In-game/In-steam/(other apps) notifications are a good idea.

Email notifications work great. This was my first PBEM experience in my life and I really enjoyed it.

I was very lucky with my opponent. My opponent was very responsible for the game and played to the end. So we finished the games yesterday. I'm afraid that a less responsible opponent may be caught in the next round.

There were technical mistakes at the end of the game. These are the only negative points. I wrote about them in the topic about bugs viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97527&start=660#p918364
I hope that they'll be fixed before the others finish their games.

Uchmunduk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Uchmunduk » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 pm

My opponent ignores all turns... Four days of the tournament passed without movement... This is very bad and boring.

Folklore

Post by Folklore » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:47 pm

Uchmunduk wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 pm
My opponent ignores all turns... Four days of the tournament passed without movement... This is very bad and boring.
That's the worst. And I don't know if a solution exists. A Check-in before the tournament start? Playing a tournament in round-robin type and allow all games to start simultaneously?
Edit: just checked the rules page https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/rules. The stalling players are punished and inactive players will be removed. So it all should be good in the next round.
Last edited by Folklore on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urbanov4

Post by urbanov4 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:23 am

Uchmunduk wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 pm
Because this is a tournament for every newcomers this can be happen. But in the next round these players will be filtered. But I don't know yet how the points exactly counting. Should be unbalanced if the aggregated points would be caculated, because you can get fewer points by winning on a good player than on an easy opponent. And in fact the former victory is more valuable -but gives the less points. Would be better to count points just between players to make the result of the match more accurate, but in the tournament should be calculated only that if some won or lost (or maybe draw).

Asterix_von_TWC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Asterix_von_TWC » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Sad to report my opponent has not showed for their second turn yet and 3 days left on a holiday weekend. Not organizers fault... looks like we got a strange batch of players this time arounnd.

dhgeshb

Post by dhgeshb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 am

Unfortunately the match does not end when you capture all the cities so my opponent will not show up for the remaining turns.

Dimonikus

Post by Dimonikus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:02 am

dhgeshb wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 am
Unfortunately the match does not end when you capture all the cities so my opponent will not show up for the remaining turns.
It looks like another bug in victory conditions.

Folklore

Post by Folklore » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:27 pm

dhgeshb wrote:
That's probably just a visualization bug. You and Dimonikus have a lot of points, so the games were counted correctly.

Haze0008

Post by Haze0008 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:52 pm

Have noticed that when purchasing multiple units, I am losing prestige points beyond the total cost of my units. Example: I buy 900 points worth of units, but 940 is subtracted from my prestige total. Is this a bug or am I missing a rule/process?

Dimonikus

Post by Dimonikus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:36 pm

Folklore wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:27 pm
dhgeshb wrote:
That's probably just a visualization bug. You and Dimonikus have a lot of points, so the games were counted correctly.
What if in fact there should be more points?)

For example, when I kept 8 points out of 9 I was counted as a defeat

I'm not complaining) I'm interested in more complete scoring mathematics. What if I didn’t receive points if I won early?

Asterix_von_TWC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Sad I didn't even get to play this round. Nimbuss was a no show.

El23Lobo

Post by El23Lobo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am

Does anyone knows what will happen with the one that didn´t played and the one that wanted to play?
Is there a possibility for those to continue?

Is sad that so many sign up and later do not play,....would be even fair if they at least surrender....also takes only a minute....

happy easter to you all!!!

urbanov4

Post by urbanov4 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 am

I watched somewhere in the tournament rules it gives a win to you maybe max. points (?). But its not clear for me, cos if you play I think you cant get max points. I am curius how will the final score be determined.

Asterix_von_TWC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:20 am

Strangest think just happened: this morning I found a new game and a new user to my no show - had to purchase units over again. Any idea how this will factor?

UPDATE: And I can't purchase units as the Soviets :lol:
UPDATE2: Managed with restart
UPDATE3: Well had a no show and got gipped for points (220 only) are we supposed to have the same map again?

Folklore

Post by Folklore » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:01 am

Yes, same map, different opponent, round 2.
Also, the rules have implied that points will be adjusted according to the time spent on turns, but I don't see any changes.

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Catacol » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am

Enjoying it, but I'm not a fan of paratroopers spamming everywhere. While the game mechanics allow it to happen, and I'm managing it ok, it is so unbelievably unrealistic it is just annoying. I have an opponent who is buying a para unit every turn and flying one out every turn as fast as I can kill them, and it makes meaningful ground operations impossible. If there was a way to give only a single para unit for the entire 20 turn battle it would be better.

Dimonikus

Post by Dimonikus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 am

dhgeshb wrote:
Has anyone been able to achieve victory playing for the ussr?)

You capture all points - there is no victory

Capture 8 out of 9 by the end of the match - defeat

Folklore

Post by Folklore » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:43 am

Catacol wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am
Enjoying it, but I'm not a fan of paratroopers spamming everywhere. While the game mechanics allow it to happen, and I'm managing it ok, it is so unbelievably unrealistic it is just annoying. I have an opponent who is buying a para unit every turn and flying one out every turn as fast as I can kill them, and it makes meaningful ground operations impossible. If there was a way to give only a single para unit for the entire 20 turn battle it would be better.
Scrub quotes.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”