Commendation points

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Commendation points

Post by nikivdd » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:41 pm

I am currently playing the Spanish Civil War DLC for the first time.
I do have a few questions.
First question about the commendation points. Are unused commendation points carried over into the next DLC?
Second question about heroes. Which unit is most interesting to attach the "artillery support" hero?
How many heroes can be attached to a single unit?
Is there a thread somewhere with a full list of heroes and some elaborated information about those different kind of heroes?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Commendation points

Post by Kerensky » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=100028

Has answers for all your questions, including user link at bottom for heroes. :)

No to CP Xfer, and default 3 heroes, but this number is malleable through General traits.

adiekmann
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by adiekmann » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:41 pm
I am currently playing the Spanish Civil War DLC for the first time.
I do have a few questions.
First question about the commendation points. Are unused commendation points carried over into the next DLC?
Second question about heroes. Which unit is most interesting to attach the "artillery support" hero?
How many heroes can be attached to a single unit?
Is there a thread somewhere with a full list of heroes and some elaborated information about those different kind of heroes?
Good to see you are playing PC2! :D Your mods/campaigns were probably my favorites for PC1 and I was actually a bit worried about your absence in the PC2 forums. Glad to see you back!

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Thanks for the information. It is quite useful.
CP carry over should be implement. If it is done for units and prestige, it cannot be that hard for CP as well.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm
CP carry over should be implement. If it is done for units and prestige, it cannot be that hard for CP as well.
Anything practical can be done on a technical level of course, with enough time and effort.

But the real question is why should it be done?

Allowing CP carry over would just mean being much, much less generous in handing out CP, and probably spiking reward costs for various events. A CP reset also helps control each piece of a linked campaign as a separate piece that can function independently from the rest, if so desired to be played that way.

Otherwise you get the potential for someone to earn all their SCW CP, spend none of it, and use CP earned for sinking the Battleship Jaime I to purchase prototype Tiger IIs 7 years later. :lol:

Vorskl
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Vorskl » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm
nikivdd wrote:
Anything practical can be done on a technical level of course, with enough time and effort.

Allowing CP carry over would just mean being much, much less generous in handing out CP, and probably spiking reward costs for various events. A CP reset also helps control each piece of a linked campaign as a separate piece that can function independently from the rest, if so desired to be played that way.

Otherwise you get the potential for someone to earn all their SCW CP, spend none of it, and use CP earned for sinking the Battleship Jaime I to purchase prototype Tiger IIs 7 years later. :lol:
Fully agree with you, Kerensky. We already have a SERIOUS issue of prestige hyper inflation (a man with $95k in the middle of 1941 talking), so we dont need the same to occur with commendation points.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Sounds like it's time for another prestige reset event. :idea:

But as always, they're optional and not forced, so people who don't want to engage with them, or get around it by huge reserves... that's up to each individual to decide how to handle.

VirgilInTheSKY
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by VirgilInTheSKY » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 am

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

But as always, they're optional and not forced, so people who don't want to engage with them, or get around it by huge reserves... that's up to each individual to decide how to handle.
Time for another "short of supply so here is your reset"? 8)

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Kerensky wrote:
nikivdd wrote:

I will give you some reasons.
1) For novice players
2) As something that can be switched on/off in advanced settings
3) To keep listening to paying customers

It is the same of resetting this or that. The player should at least have a choice in this as well.

Bee1976
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bee1976 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm
1) For novice players

It is the same of resetting this or that. The player should at least have a choice in this as well.
I agree, that choices are nice. But i dont think its mandatory to transfer your collected cp to the next dlc. Because you earn way more than u can spand, and they are nice to have, but not THAT rewarding (besides heros). But if you can transfer them and therefore u get less of them as kerenksy said, novice players might get the feeling that they are forced to earn all of them. And bonus-objectives and optional scenarios might become mandatory.

I would still prefer an "exchange" system like in fgII spend cp for some prestige or spend prestige for some cp or coreslots and so on. And to be honest i am a paying customer and uhm...im ok with cp as they are now.

Vorskl

Post by Vorskl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm

nikivdd wrote:
Kerensky wrote:
nikivdd wrote:

1) For novice players

And the paying customer tells you not to do so of fears of their inflation. Also, you only need ~50% of points anyhow. Getting super-heroes is the must, but captured equipment... mehhh Especially minor countries' equipment like Hungarian tanks or Polish airplanes - it is largely worthless even for collecting purposes:)
What I'd like to see though, is a sort of cross-DCL legacy or connectivity of events: i.e. if you kill DeGaulle in 1940, it wont appear in your DLC 1941. You kill Vatutin at Kharkov 1942, you wont fight him in 1943 etc. We have it in DLC 1940: if you save Blucher in Norway, you'll get a second chance to get it sank at SeaLion :)

Scrapulous
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Scrapulous » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 pm

I think it's worth playing through a few DLCs before deciding if you want CP to carry over. I originally felt like you do, but now I feel like the CP system works fine contained within a single DLC. You can earn more than you can spend. And I also think it makes sense; high command cares much more about the current strategic situation than last year's strategic situation. Sure, your units might have done some heroic deeds at Warsaw, but when high command is looking at an enormous eastern front, who cares about Warsaw any more?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 pm

nikivdd wrote:

1) For novice players

What does it do for novice players to save Commendation Points?

There are a huge wealth of options that exist, but it's equally clear not everyone engages with them. Which is great, because that's why they're optional toggles. But as it clear from regular thread appearances, some people who would benefit from engaging with them, aren't engaging with them; see regular threads on 'I have too much prestige' or 'I have too many random heroes' when there are multiple optional settings both geared towards these exact issues. Commendation Points are unique to each campaign, the only reason the name doesn't change every time is for convenience and ease of understanding.

You are not a representative of nor speak for the paying customers.

FunPolice749
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by FunPolice749 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 am

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Probably the only thing I think the CP rewards need to have is some sort of end of the campaign sink for them. In AO 1941 it's sad that you end up with so many unused CPs that just go away for the people that mangaged to get everything. Just converting them to prestige is probably not a good idea since few of us getting all of the CPs probably don't need more of that. The best idea I saw was a scaling final reward to sink all remaining CPs into. Like in Klin that final cache of equipment could've scaled with the more CPs you got. At least from what I can see it would pretty much be a win win as players no matter the amount of CPs get something to spend it on at the end.

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:50 am

Kerensky wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 pm
nikivdd wrote:

1) For novice players

What does it do for novice players to save Commendation Points?

There are a huge wealth of options that exist, but it's equally clear not everyone engages with them. Which is great, because that's why they're optional toggles. But as it clear from regular thread appearances, some people who would benefit from engaging with them, aren't engaging with them; see regular threads on 'I have too much prestige' or 'I have too many random heroes' when there are multiple optional settings both geared towards these exact issues. Commendation Points are unique to each campaign, the only reason the name doesn't change every time is for convenience and ease of understanding.

You are not a representative of nor speak for the paying customers.
Well, as you once told me, i am merely a distraction.
Point final.

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm

I am not sure what is going on here, but this conversation seems to be going in a disrespectful direction. Just because insults are not being hurled around doesn't mean it is ok to be passive aggressive and dismissive.

Please remember to respect each others opinions and give reasoning for what you have a particular position.

Good reasoning is something like:
"I think CP should carry over but, I realise that not everyone agrees, so it would be nice to have this as an option to make the game easier."

And good counter reasoning might be:
"The DLC was designed without carrying over CP in mind, so it would cause balance problems we've not thought about."

Saying that you are a paying customer is never good reasoning. Everyone is a paying customer, hell, I bought 10 copies of Panzer Corps 2 (admittedly at a fantastic but not 100% discount) and gave them away.

Does that mean my opinion holds 10x the weight of someone elses? Of course not.

Just keep it friendly guys, it's all we ask.
Thanks.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Edmon wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm
I am not sure what is going on here, but this conversation seems to be going in a disrespectful direction. Just because insults are not being hurled around doesn't mean it is ok to be passive aggressive and dismissive.
Well I trust someone wearing an official Panzer Corps avatar to speak for the paying customer about as much as I trust an EA representative to tell me to have a sense of 'Pride and Accomplishment' when having to grind for hours on end to acquire something I can otherwise only get by whipping out my credit card. :twisted:
Last edited by Kerensky on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Retributarr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:56 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Edmon wrote:
Well I trust someone wearing an official Panzer Corps avatar to speak for the paying customer about as much as I trust an EA representative to tell me to have a sense of 'Pride and Accomplishment' when having to grind for hours on end to acquire something I can otherwise only get by whipping out my credit card. :twisted:
Spoken by "a True-Berserker!". I very-well know first-hand what it is like to be unjustly blasphemed... then... for-myself taking personal corrective action to try to dispel the mental-midget false-hoods that I am convicted with... only to then be wrongly defiled and 'ostracized' by being deliberately targeted as a the "Major-Disruptive-Hazard!"... that is at the end... where I am "disingenuously blamed" for... as... to being 'the guilty-party' for the whole problem!.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Edmon wrote:

And good counter reasoning might be:
"The DLC was designed without carrying over CP in mind, so it would cause balance problems we've not thought about."
Well I can tell you with absolute certainty that CP not carrying over has nothing to do with 'because we didn't think about it'. :lol:

nikivdd

Post by nikivdd » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Edmon wrote:
I am only speaking for myself as a paying customer of PzC2. I am only asking to consider some more possibilties with left over CP. Not to be ridiculised for the avatar or for overcomplicated explanations in american english. I have no personal involvement in the sequel. Lock the thread and change my avatar back to pzc1 newbie.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”