Questions Questions Questions

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

canuckgamer
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Questions Questions Questions

Post by canuckgamer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 am

When I click on Legacy and World Wonders it indicates that regions are colour coded. However I don't see in the manual or on screen as to what a specific colour means in terms of legacy. The manual also says "having regions with over 2500 culture pts. per turn or 1250-2499 will increase your culture. How do I find out how much culture a region has?

I have been sailing my naval fleets in to a sea zone containing a friendly harbor and twice now I have received a message saying the fleet was short on supply.

How can you tell how much money is needed to finance the size of your army? I have been having deserters the last few turns because it said I didn't have enough money.

I will also have to check to see if certain military units are more effective against others. I assume it is displayed when you hover over a military unit you are thinking of creating.

SuitedQueens
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Questions Questions Questions

Post by SuitedQueens » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 am

canuckgamer wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 am
When I click on Legacy and World Wonders it indicates that regions are colour coded. However I don't see in the manual or on screen as to what a specific colour means in terms of legacy. The manual also says "having regions with over 2500 culture pts. per turn or 1250-2499 will increase your culture. How do I find out how much culture a region has?
Press L to open Ledger. Click Regions (Population) Tab, choose sort by Culture filter, pick your region, zoom in to the max and press C to center your view on excactly that region, use CTRL+SPACE if it part pf the province and zoom out.
canuckgamer wrote:
I have been sailing my naval fleets in to a sea zone containing a friendly harbor and twice now I have received a message saying the fleet was short on supply.
Your receive that message only if your fleet was unsupplied on the previous turn too. So, if you moved from the open sea to your own region with harbor, then the game will check food supply you have there at the beginning of the next turn like for land armies. Factions you don't have an alliance with can't feed your fleet even if you have full cooperation treaty.
canuckgamer wrote:
How can you tell how much money is needed to finance the size of your army? I have been having deserters the last few turns because it said I didn't have enough money.
I don't think you can check specific armies, but simply hovering cursor over your gold shows military upkeep. Hold CTRL and pick unit portrait if you want to know unit upkeep cost. Every EXP level above zero is extra 25% gold upkeep, disbanding your units will give you 3 times their upkeep, stationing units in Province or National Capital grants 25% upkeep discount on every resource, which is very important.
canuckgamer wrote:
I will also have to check to see if certain military units are more effective against others. I assume it is displayed when you hover over a military unit you are thinking of creating.
I don't think that's the case tho unless you are exporting to FoG 2. Relative combat effectiveness in Empires portrayed through combat stats and penalties/bonuses in the various terrains.

Gray Fox
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by Gray Fox » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Just click a region to see the Culture/Legacy being produced there.
Attachments
Culture.jpg
Culture.jpg (177.06 KiB) Viewed 121 times
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085

canuckgamer
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by canuckgamer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 pm

I have a number of regions where the legacy is less than 1250 so I assume they are not contributing to my legacy. I have been constructing structures (purple) that generate culture.

Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:43 pm

When the culture sum in the region is too low, then no Legacy is created. You can also assign citizens to Culture to generate even more.
For new players: Grand Strategy AAR and Steam Guide: Tips for new players
Samstra's Trade guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805684085

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”