Order of Battle: Allies Resurgent - Announced

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Allies Resurgent - Announced

Post by Edmon »

Order of Battle: Allies Resurgent, the second chapter of a trilogy of DLCs featuring World War II from the Allied perspective, is coming soon. The new campaign depicts battles in North Africa, the Mediterranean, and finally in Europe from late 1942 to early 1944.

At the start of the campaign, you lead US forces in Operation Torch, which marks the beginning of US involvement in the fighting in North Africa. After the first battle against Vichy-French units, the player has to prevail against veteran Axis forces in Tunisia.

Afterwards, the campaigns shift focus to the advances of the British Eighth Army into southern Tunisia. Following a successful breakthrough at the Mareth Line, the British push north: they aim to form a continuous front with Allied forces which participated in Operation Torch, and advance into Tunisia from the west.

In spring 1943 you take command of both the US and British forces in a combined offensive to retake Tunis, and to end the Axis presence in North Africa for good.

The last stage of Allies Resurgent shows the return of Allied ground forces to Europe, beginning with the amphibious invasion of Sicily. Finally, the player has to invade mainland Italy at Salerno, defeat German defences at the Volturno Line, and ultimately needs to take back Rome.

Allies Resurgent also adds 12 new scenarios, a number of new units for both Allied and Axis countries, two new specializations, and five new Allied commanders. Check out the product page for the full list.

Order of Battle: Allies Resurgent is looking for beta testers.

APPLY HERE and help us improve the new expansion.
JDLgnd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Order of Battle: Allies Resurgent - Announced

Post by JDLgnd »

Can't wait for the DLC. :D
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

I also... am looking forward to this new chapter from the 'Allied' perspective!.
Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Epperaliant »

I wish there was a rework of "commandos" units, allies used them often but here in OOB they're only good for blowing up undefended bridges/towns.
Pwnerade
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pwnerade »

Here's a link to the product page: https://www.slitherine.com/game/order-o ... -resurgent
New scenarios:

1. Oran - Operation Torch, the Allied invasion of French North Africa begins. US assault troops supported by Royal Navy vessels launch attacks to take Oran, at the coast of Vichy-controlled Algeria.

2. Medjez el Bab - As a response to Operation Torch Germay occupies the rest of mainland France and hastily seeks to pour more forces into Tunisia. Allied forces are trying to make quick gains before the Axis build-up gets fully underway.

3. Sidi bou Zid - In an attempt to regain the initiative and expand their positions in Tunisia, Axis forces have captured key mountain passes and are now probing US defences.

4. Kasserine - As Allied forces in Tunisia are facing combined Axis offensives from several directions US Army units holding the Kasserine Pass have to bear the brunt of the enemy onslaught.

5. Mareth Line - The British Eighth Army attacks the Mareth Line, where Axis forces hope to block Montgomery's further advance into central Tunisia.

6. Sfax - The British Eighth Army has to defeat Axis defences in the Wadi Akarit to drive further north and take the key city of Sfax to finally link up with Allied forces advancing from the west.

7. Tunis - Allied forces launch their final offensive in Tunisia to ultimately defeat the Axis in North Africa.

8. Sicily Landing - Allied forces return to Europe in Operation Husky, a large-scale amphibious invasion of Sicily.

9. Sicily Breakthrough - The Allies attack the last major Axis defences on Sicily around Mount Etna, while preparations are underway to evacuate Italian and German troops back to mainland Italy via the Strait of Messina.

10. Salerno - The Allies establish a foothold on mainland Italy in Operation Avalanche, an amphibious invasion near the port of Salerno.

11. Volturno Line - The Wehrmacht aims to stop Allied advances on mainland Italy at the Volturno Line, the southernmost of a series of defensive lines running from coast to coast across Italy.

12. Gustav Line - The Allies launch Operation Shingle with amphibious landings near Anzio, south of Rome, to outflank German defences at the Gustav Line, and to quickly seize the Eternal City.

New Units:

Re 2002, Italian fighter-bomber
PZW 42, rocket launcher on Halftrack
DD Bourrasque, French destroyer
DD L'Adroit, French destroyer
C15 TA, Canadian armored truck
L4 Grasshopper, US recon plane
M3 ScoutCar, US armored car, recon
T28E CGMC, US anti-air unit on halftrack
T30 HMC, US artillery on halftrack
A36 Apache, US ground attack version of P-51 fighter
Lancaster, heavy British strategic bomber
Hooah!
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton
prestidigitation
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by prestidigitation »

Definitely pumped about this news!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Pwnerade wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:43 am New Units:

Re 2002, Italian fighter-bomber
PZW 42, rocket launcher on Halftrack
DD Bourrasque, French destroyer
DD L'Adroit, French destroyer
C15 TA, Canadian armored truck
L4 Grasshopper, US recon plane
M3 ScoutCar, US armored car, recon
T28E CGMC, US anti-air unit on halftrack
T30 HMC, US artillery on halftrack
A36 Apache, US ground attack version of P-51 fighter
Lancaster, heavy British strategic bomber

Hooah!
I hope there will also be new Axis units captured by the Allies(or vice versa).
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Well, IMO from mid-war those captured units make less and less sense for the Allies, as they had usually plenty of resources and equipment, while the Axis often used cap'ed stuff to equip units simply because they needed more hardware. From what I understand captured axis stuff was mostly used for tests/evaluation on the Allied side, with some exceptions maybe, but overall certainly not that broadly.

The Tiger tank in Kelly’s Heroes does not count ;)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The Ragtag Circus - The 83rd Division's Captured German Vehicles : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7tlZDsNBkY&t=94s
johnrey
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by johnrey »

Ditto! While excited about Resurgent, here's a question for the WWII designers and producers -- any thoughts about post WWII? Is there life for the WWII OOB after 1945?
Pwnerade
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pwnerade »

Some captured Italian tanks were used in the defense of Tobruk, but they were in a somewhat desperate situation. Captured units are fun, but I usually don't use them, since you can only heal one point per turn.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

These and Terminator's are nice examples, but both are outside the timeframe of this DLC.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

johnrey wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 pm Ditto! While excited about Resurgent, here's a question for the WWII designers and producers -- any thoughts about post WWII? Is there life for the WWII OOB after 1945?
A few historical thoughts come to mind!. Such as... the 'Korean-War', as well as... 'French Colonial Indo-China'... where they parachuted in airborne troops to increase defensive manpower and also parachuted disassembled tank parts to then have these tank parts reassembled into functioning tanks at the fortified base. The French were eventually overrun and defeated at the Battle of "Dien Bien Phu". The main reasons was that the surrounded base was too difficult to resupply, as well as the VietMin or whatever they were called... massively outnumbered the French-Garrison... and also that the Vietmin held all of the surrounding high-ground with emplaced artillery installations to continuously bombard the fortified camps airfield and infrastructure.

Now!... how about the 'Middle East Conflicts'... such as the "Arab-Israeli-Wars"... perhaps including 'Saddam Hussein's attempted invasion of Kuwait... the Allied invasion of Iraq and an appearance from Bagdad Bob'.

Not only that!... but the 'Chinese' have been massively building up their armed forces and just recently are now constructing at least 100 new Missile Silos... for what?... because they do not intend to use them?... but want peace!... No!...No!...No!... they likely want to control most of east asia… and to become the worlds main super-power!.

These are just some ideas that crossed my mind!... so!... have fun and think about it!.
Last edited by Retributarr on Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Retributarr wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 pm Not only that!... but the 'Chinese' have been massively building up their armed forces and just recently are now constructing at least 100 new Missile Silos... for what?... because they do not intend to use them?... but want peace!... No!...No!...No!... they likely want to control most of east asia… and to become the worlds main super-power!.
You serious? You American..? :roll:
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:54 am
Retributarr wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 pm Not only that!... but the 'Chinese' have been massively building up their armed forces and just recently are now constructing at least 100 new Missile Silos... for what?... because they do not intend to use them?... but want peace!... No!...No!...No!... they likely want to control most of east asia… and to become the worlds main super-power!.
You serious? You American..? :roll:
I'm not American, I am Canadian... and I just picked up that information from 'CNN' last night!.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Retributarr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 am I'm not American, I am Canadian... and I just picked up that information from 'CNN' last night!.
...CNN...I see...

Okay, look, some ideas of yours are okay, like Korea and Indo-China, I guess. On the other hand... the more modern conflicts are not very well suited for the OoB engine.

Anyway, please, if I may: don't spread political propaganda/hypotheses and conspiracy theories here.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

I don't have time right now to deal with this subject "GabeKnight"... wait for 2-weeks and I will show you just how right I am!.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I hope this beta will start soon
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

terminator wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:39 am I hope this beta will start soon
I’m afraid we have to wait until the release of the game on PS4 on August 19th before starting the beta...
Pwnerade
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pwnerade »

Any word on when the beta begins?

Return to “News & Announcements”