Panzer Corps 2: 2021 World Championship Begins

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2: 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Edmon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:25 pm

The first round of the Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship has begun and we're kicking off with the first of our new to multiplayer maps. 

"Bug River" is one of the iconic maps from the original Panzer Corps 2 single player campaign, but has now been re-imagined for multiplayer. It will be the first map competitors will play in the World Championship Tournament.

Rudankort, the lead developer of Panzer Corps 2, had this to say about the new map:

"From my experience playing this map I can add that it is a small square map (19x21 hex) which at the same time offers a big variety of strategic options. Exactly a kind of a map which I personally enjoy the most."

Historically, this battle occured on the 15th of September also and was an offensive in Eastern Poland. Interestingly, it was also the 15th of September when Russia signed the agreement that freed them to invade just days later.

The map will be coming to standard multiplayer along with our next patch. It is also our intent to add an extra map for every round of the tournament and to have these maps also make their way to standard multiplayer. The roster of multiplayer maps will therefore be greatly expanded as the tournament progresses.

We wish everyone playing the best of luck.

The first round will end in 21 days from now, so be certain to complete your match before that time.

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Re: Panzer Corps 2: 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Lifever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:06 pm

It's good to see maps that follow the historic path of the war.
I felt that was missing from the MP lineup.
It's also good to increase the size of the maps bit by bit or even stay in smaller or medium sized scenarios which allow for faster multiplayer games.

There is still some important info missing though to really kick this tournament off:

How exactly does the scoring system work?

It would not be worthy of a strategy champion to rush into battle blindfolded and hope that his actions may fit the requirements, now would it?
That would be the definition of a lucky fool.

I personally would not move one inch until I get my priorities straight.
It's a steep time investment and players should not get encouraged to stall their turns.
Uncertainty does exactly that.

Kind regards - we will see each other soon

All the best & good luck to the competitors
Auf gut deutsch: Holt den SIEG HEIM

DarkBlueInk
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DarkBlueInk » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:59 am

+1 here for the lack of any real information on how this works.

A) no obvious information or directions on how/where to go to join the game, even in the email notifying me that I would be notified when it was my turn :roll:

B) after poking around, found it in-game. Hmmm, log in with Slitherine account or Steam account? I have both. Decided to go with the Slitherine account but does it matter? :?:

C) joined the game, even though I did not receive the email notifying me that it was my turn :|

D) deployed my German troops, which makes me wonder....if I am playing against someone else, and not the AI, then why do they get to start with 4 of 6 victory hexes and I start with only 2 victory hexes? and if I am playing against the AI, then what is the point of "playing against" another player? :?:

So honestly Slitherine, would it kill ya to put out just a little information on this?? :!:

Matt_the_Man
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Matt_the_Man » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am

Agreed.

Would it really be that hard to put out a "How to" on the technicalities of playing the tournament? :?:

wespe_slith

Post by wespe_slith » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:09 pm

My opponent is afk...;(

Matt_the_Man

Post by Matt_the_Man » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 am

Matt_the_Man wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am
Agreed.

Would it really be that hard to put out a "How to" on the technicalities of playing the tournament? :?:
No reply to this. No reply to any of the other questions regarding the tournament, its rules, scoring or anything else. This is extremely annoying.

If Slitherine thinks they don't need to do anything because we have all paid for our versions of the game, they have another think coming. I will not buy any of the forthcoming DLCs if I don't see some kind of reaction by the championship team.

:x

Lifever

Post by Lifever » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am

Matt_the_Man wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 am
... if I don't see some kind of reaction by the championship team.

:x
Not sure there is a Championship team. That's why communication is poor.
There was little effort to put a team together - we reached out, but the answers are basically busy or somebody else is responsible.

We will give it more time - and as a last resort effort start an independent platform - seperate scoreboard and code of conduct included.
Nobody messes with the PzC crown. There is clearly a community active, willing and able to provide this tournament scene with life and competitive spirit.
It is the same spirit that led to the creation of the world title.
We can't let that rot away.

Still - let's apply a little empathy here:
Salamanders are loners and dorment a lot of time throughout their lives. Yet they can move remarkably fast - given the right incentive.
Slitherines are an endangered species for a good reason. How many of them are left? They are used to live in hiding. Our activity and presence puts them under stress.
They are not used to it. They don't know what to do. So they freeze and try to blend in with the environment
They need more time to adapt. Don't slay them. Don't try to eat them. Try to tame and befriend them. We can live together in peace and prosper

Rook Rudankort is another caliber, you can see it by his banner - guter Mann - trust him with finding a solution in due time
Rudankort - die Augen der Hex Welt lasten auf Dir - Enttäusche uns nicht & ein glorreicher Platz in der Panzer Corps Geschichte, Bier und Bretzel sind Dir gewiss!

I still have high hopes for this tournament... and still want to support it the way it deserves.
But right now - I am not feeling it - although the game and 1st map is great

The foundation of a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP has to be SOLID.
The Panzer Corps crown was forged by picture perfect tourney organisation and execution - a great fight feeling
As a founding father it is hard to see your own co-creation threatened and potentially disfigured.

Do that high standard justice.
Know we will - if need be.
Either way - the result will be glorious.

---

Keine Sorge, geschätzte Strategie-Freunde
Eine Lösung ist - wenn auch spät - weit besser als keine Lösung.
Dann steht einem ereignisreichen Turnierjahr mit vielen spannenden, neuen Karten nichts mehr im Wege
Notfalls finden wir eine eigene Lösung, begründen eine eigene Plattform und kommen so mit dieser schwachbrüstigen Basis auch an ein spielerisch hochkarätiges Ziel!
Wir werden dann ein wenig kommentieren - selbstverständlich auf deutsch, denn da wir die Bürde so lange abgebüßt haben, können wir heute ehrlich sagen: Historisch ist das unser Spiel.
Es wäre eine Schande, wenn es keine beherzte Dokumentation in unserer Sprache gäbe.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”