"Who's Kelly? Well he used to be a Lieutenant until he attacked the wrong hill" Allies Resurgent no discussion thread?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: "Who's Kelly? Well he used to be a Lieutenant until he attacked the wrong hill" Allies Resurgent no discussion threa

Post by gunny »

The great thing about Panzer General is that you could play and attack the enemy you played as Germans and attacked the Polish etc. then came Panzer General 2 you could attack again this was great then came various interations 3D etc. more attacking then came Panzer Corps this was fantastic you could again attack then came Order of Battle - arguably the ultimate and you could still attack with Allies Defiant it was a lot of defense maps mostly which I do not enjoy same as some other Order of Battle Campaigns but wanting to be able to finally play Brits and Yanks I got it but am so pleased though with Allies Resurgent because it has a lot of attack maps. Some of the Allies Defiant defense maps are 25 turns or so - gets boring waiting and waiting to plan a move. Some or many though love the defensive stuff ...... not me though. So hence I think Allies Resurgent is perfect.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: "Who's Kelly? Well he used to be a Lieutenant until he attacked the wrong hill" Allies Resurgent no discussion threa

Post by GabeKnight »

Yeah, agree with the "attacking" scens. It's nice to be able to conquer whole maps again... :D

kondi754 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm However, it seems to me that some specialization points for US faction were missing :wink:
I know it's a break with the other DLCs, but I liked it like this. I'm pretty sure I've written it before that I miss some choices when it comes to specs.
Usually the player can just buy almost every spec available to a faction during a camapign - except some of the useless ones, of course, e.g. the "school" specs...

This time I have to choose if I want to invest into sea-invasion vehicles, aviation or the whole "War Economy" branch. Can't have everything. 8) :wink:
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:17 am Yeah, agree with the "attacking" scens. It's nice to be able to conquer whole maps again... :D

kondi754 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm However, it seems to me that some specialization points for US faction were missing :wink:
I know it's a break with the other DLCs, but I liked it like this. I'm pretty sure I've written it before that I miss some choices when it comes to specs.
Usually the player can just buy almost every spec available to a faction during a camapign - except some of the useless ones, of course, e.g. the "school" specs...

This time I have to choose if I want to invest into sea-invasion vehicles, aviation or the whole "War Economy" branch. Can't have everything. 8) :wink:
I think 'school' specs are sometimes useful - eg I bought Tank School before Sidi Bou Zid because I wanted to buy a second Sherman for the core.
I'm not talking about a large increase in the number of SPs during the campaign, but I think that the new faction (USA in AR) should receive at least 5 SPs before the first scenario to be able to invest at least in 1 'school' spec from the beginning. Moreover, I believe that specializations such as War Economy or Female Laborers/Female Factory Labor should be more expensive... They should cost at least 7-8 SP (WE) and 8-10 SP (FL)
Overall, I noticed that the income of specialization points for the US army was very limited in the second half of this campaign. There is only 1 SP per mission in a few scenarios.
Now I'm playing Burma Road again and a player gets 3-4 SPs after each mission. There is a certain inconsistency here.
In summary, the ideal solution would be if there was 1 side quest rewarded with additional 2-3 SPs in each mission.
gunny

Post by gunny »

What is really helpful but can be a buzz kill but at least its an option are the "Cheat Codes" I finished Allies Resurgent and am now replaying it and I am starting it with having every spec point researched or whatever using the Epiphany "cheat" woo hoo ... !!! Also, since having played all the battles I kind of know how they work so its somewhat of a buzz kill having lost my virginity but it will be enjoyable.
prestidigitation
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by prestidigitation »

The School specs are great because they guarantee any units you have that die can be brought back at vet1. My infantry sometimes take an absolute clobbering, so being able to bring them back with vet is a huge savings.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I think the 2 Rangers could be better positioned in relation to SAS. The 2 rangers are too close to each other ?

Rangers(4a).jpg
Rangers(4a).jpg (378.63 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

French Goumiers look like Gurkhas...

Goumiers.jpg
Goumiers.jpg (190.01 KiB) Viewed 2384 times

a429b78fd50957ce7ab6871764923700.jpg
a429b78fd50957ce7ab6871764923700.jpg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Canadians have both Allied and British transports, what’s the point ?

Canada Transportation.jpg
Canada Transportation.jpg (232.15 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Canadian Infantry

Sicily first scenario (Husky), no Canadian Engineers '42 ?
Canadian Infantry have only Allied Truck and no British Truck.

Canadian Sicily.jpg
Canadian Sicily.jpg (237.84 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
Pwnerade
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pwnerade »

I just looked in the Unit Navigator, and there are no Canadian Engineers 42! And Canadian Engineers 43 aren't available until 11/30/1943. Did they forget to create them, or is there a specific reason for the lack of engineers?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Engineers are the units that come later in the year :

Capture d’écran 2021-11-06 182234.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-11-06 182234.jpg (113.34 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

In the British army, some models are also missing: Gurkhas '42 & 44, Colonial Infantry '42 & 44.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Not easy to validate the two Secondary Objectives in three turns the first time you play the scenario Sicily Landing (Difficulty IV) :

08_SicilyLanding.jpg
08_SicilyLanding.jpg (523.75 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:35 am Not easy to validate the two Secondary Objectives in three turns the first time you play the scenario Sicily Landing (Difficulty IV) :
Why? It was quite clear what has to be done and what units have to be used to achieve this...(?)

Screenshot 350.jpg
Screenshot 350.jpg (972.58 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:23 am
terminator wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:35 am Not easy to validate the two Secondary Objectives in three turns the first time you play the scenario Sicily Landing (Difficulty IV) :
Why? It was quite clear what has to be done and what units have to be used to achieve this...(?)
American and British airborne troops ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:42 am
GabeKnight wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:23 am
American and British airborne troops ?
Yes!
cutydt02
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by cutydt02 »

Some large battles are good tho, but i prefer adding some specs ops/pure naval/air combat missions to the line too.
Anw, some first small battles at the beginning are much harder than the following, which so straightfoward.
Secondary missions are not so interesting, with mediocre reward, no captured units (ok, except for french light gun).
too OP air force, we have better in both quality and quantity, fighter and bomber. It takes just some very first turns to totally control the sky and rain down bomb to make German's best machines to scrap.
Still, i'm eager to fight in Ardennes, Bagstone or such, coz the missing of airstrike in bad weather will make the game very challenging. Last man standing and rushing attack are the best scenarios to chill.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

cutydt02 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:57 pm Some large battles are good tho, but i prefer adding some specs ops/pure naval/air combat missions to the line too.
Anw, some first small battles at the beginning are much harder than the following, which so straightfoward.
Secondary missions are not so interesting, with mediocre reward, no captured units (ok, except for french light gun).
too OP air force, we have better in both quality and quantity, fighter and bomber. It takes just some very first turns to totally control the sky and rain down bomb to make German's best machines to scrap.
Still, i'm eager to fight in Ardennes, Bagstone or such, coz the missing of airstrike in bad weather will make the game very challenging. Last man standing and rushing attack are the best scenarios to chill.
A way for the Germans to counter the overwhelming air superiority of the Allies would be to strengthen their anti-aircraft defence.
The anti-aircraft defence of Axis forces could be reinforced in some scenarios of the last DLC.
Pwnerade
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pwnerade »

terminator wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:42 am American and British airborne troops?
I used 2 US Airborne, 1 British Paras, and 1 SAS for the Sicily Landings. Very helpful for getting those secondaries in time.
cutydt02 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:57 pm Some large battles are good tho, but i prefer adding some specs ops/pure naval/air combat missions to the line too.
I'd prefer a whole Allied naval campaign in the Atlantic. Like Kriegsmarine, but not a-historical.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Sicily Breakthrough

I’m trying to get around the obstacle of San Fratello by the sea as has been suggested :

Sicily Breakthrough.jpg
Sicily Breakthrough.jpg (825.99 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 073431.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 073431.jpg (150.66 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 073146.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 073146.jpg (145.37 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Return to “Order of Battle Series”