Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 2 Update

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 2 Update

Post by Edmon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:00 pm

The Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship moves into the second round today and the opening battle for the top of the leader board has been won by Kleko11, whose score of 2891 comfortably places them in the top spot.

Leader Board - Round 1
1) kleko11 2891
2) nutoha 2771
3) tkrysiak 2676
4) Folklore 2606
5) Bobkg 2584

However, everything is still to play for as we move forward on to our next map: El Alamein. As high scoring players are placed against each other, can we expect the end of the second round to change everything at top?

Only time will tell.

Tournament Scoring Update

We're aware that there has been some confusion and discussion on how the scoring works in the tournament scenarios. We would like to apologize for the lack of communication from our part, but we've listened to your feedback and we're working towards improving the system.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able get a patch out in time to make significant changes to how scoring works for the upcoming Round 2, but we'll have an update out before Round 3 starts to allow us to address some of the well vocalized issues.

In the meantime, shedding some light on how scoring works on the scenario in Round 2 might be helpful for all players. The score in this round is calculated as follows:

Each player gets 25 points at the beginning of each of their turns for every Victory Hex under their control.

They will also get additional points for destroying enemy units (the exact number of points is equal to unit slot cost of the unit destroyed).

You can view your score and your opponent's score at any time, by moving mouse cursor over one of player icons in the top-right corner of the in-battle screen. Note that the scores are only updated when the turn is ended.

You can also view the scores, at any time, from the Tournaments page on our website.

Trepko
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 2 Update

Post by Trepko » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Hello,
Thank you for the update ! Can't wait to play the scenario which seems promising !

Quick question: besides the score rules (25 pts/hex etc..), the briefing talks about "Victory conditions" (full victory hexes control for the allied / at least 1 vic hex control at the end for the axis) ==> is there a specific reason to "win" the scenario ? or only the score matters ? (depending on how the fight goes, it is easy to have a player who wins the scenario with less points than a player who didn't win the scenario but who controlled more victory hexes faster)

urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 am

So, this is the end of my participate. Seeing that, no corretct method can be used and even the bug (winning before last turn=less points) weren't changed I feel it no more interesting. I was at somewhere at 112 th place after the 1st round with 2 wins, as in the last tournament I was somewhere 30-40 by winning all games. I know, I could play by the "special rules" and would try not win even when I could, and ask my opponent not giving up, for we can get both more points in that case....but it is another kind of "game", not a wargame, and not thatt I like.

arttu777
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by arttu777 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi. I do not understand how I lost the game ROUND #2
I kill all enemy units and conquer all city's in turn seven. Turn 7/15 :D . How is it possible to have fewer points when an opponent? Would I have to wait for the last turn and then take the last city?
arttu777
Sirgr3x

PaganCyC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by PaganCyC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm

arttu777 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:32 pm
I kill all enemy units and conquer all city's in turn seven. Turn 7/15 :D . How is it possible to have fewer points when an opponent? Would I have to wait for the last turn and then take the last city?
arttu777
Sirgr3x
You only get the points for holding victory hexes if you play the turns, so finishing early costs you points.

PaganCyC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by PaganCyC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:00 pm

I suggest adding the ability to concede a match AND a way to withdraw from the tournament.

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ElLobo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 pm

PaganCyC wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm
arttu777 wrote:
arttu777
Sirgr3x
You only get the points for holding victory hexes if you play the turns, so finishing early costs you points.
Sorry this I do not understand, to be faster means you loose? Also when you conquer all victory hexes?
This system is not logic.....

This should be changed or it will be boring, player that are loosing need to be kept playing, but when they have only one last victory hex surrounded by enemies till the last round is no fun

PaganCyC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by PaganCyC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 pm

ElLobo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 pm

Sorry this I do not understand, to be faster means you loose? Also when you conquer all victory hexes?
This system is not logic.....

This should be changed or it will be boring, player that are loosing need to be kept playing, but when they have only one last victory hex surrounded by enemies till the last round is no fun
Yes, that is how it works. Slitherine says it will be fixed in the next patch, before the next tournament round.

arttu777

Post by arttu777 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 am

ElLobo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 pm
PaganCyC wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm
arttu777 wrote:
arttu777
Sirgr3x
I lost lots of point :(

This system is not logic...... Yes no logic.

Yes must changed.

arttu777

Post by arttu777 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:06 am

Justify the winners.
A good programmer would be able to correct this error already easily. This correction would also succeed in retrospectively if desired.
Why Slitherine does not work like this?
Why do you keep humiliating a loser?
Now the disappeared player wins, is this right?

rth
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rth » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:55 pm

mir geht es auch so , ich habe alle Einheiten des Gegner besiegt bis auf 2 Flieger mit Reststärke eins, und noch eine Landeinheit, alle Siegfelder in Runde 8-10 eingenommen und ich habe weniger Punkte als der Gegner, früher war doch immer so das man um so schneller alles hat man mehr Punkte bekommt
als Deutscher/Italiener läuft die Runde noch ,
das Programm hat den ersten Kampf abgebrochen nach Eroberung des letzten Versorgungsfeldes, ich hätte gerne weiter gespielt und noch den letzten Flugplatz erobert und die Flieger runter geholt
Cowboy00: 50 * : 500 : 550
rth: 721 * : 258 : 979

Return to “News & Announcements”