Game won't load or save in later centuries

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Bombax
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Game won't load or save in later centuries

Post by Bombax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:53 pm

Apologies because I daresay this has been asked before, but...
When I get to the later stages of the game - after say 100 AD - the game just 'hangs' or freezes when I try to save or load it. Is this down to the spec. of my PC, or is it something others have experienced?
Thanks for any help folks can give.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game won't load or save in later centuries

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 pm

If you have a savegame which won't load can you please share a link to an upload of the save file - it would let us see what is going on.

That said, there were some issues with earlier versions that exhibited these behaviours. Are you certain you are using the latest update?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Bombax

Post by Bombax » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 pm
If you have a savegame which won't load can you please share a link to an upload of the save file - it would let us see what is going on.

That said, there were some issues with earlier versions that exhibited these behaviours. Are you certain you are using the latest update?

Cheers

Pip
Thanks Pip. I'm actually using what is possibly an older version. According to the Patch Notes it's Version 1.3.0.0. Could that be the cause of the problem? I was reluctant to download the latest version because I did some customising to game files for solo play which I was afraid might not work with a later version.
Thanks,
Jay

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:32 am

It's definitely the cause of the issue - a bug was fixed with that symptom. You could try copying your current install folder, installing the update, and then trying the EXE from the update in the older data set IF you don't play multiplayer (it sounds like you don't). It might work without you needing to reintegrate any changes, but this is of course something of a hack solution.

Otherwise I would copy your current install, reinstall the original version, then do a diff (e.g. with WinDiff) to determine what you changed, then use that information to reapply your updates to the new version.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Bombax

Post by Bombax » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks for your help Pip, that makes sense. :)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”