- * Build your army from an array of different units and historical leaders each with their own attributes to storm across the Italian peninsula. When meeting the enemy in combat, engage in a simple but tactical siege/battle system.
* Each side has a deck of option cards that simulate a variety of military and political events such as reinforcements, political influence, revolts, desertion, and battle tactics for Hannibal and Scipio Africanus.
* There are three levels of difficulty, with additional game play features added at each of the two higher levels. As the difficulty rises, the player must contend with an increasingly uncooperative Senate and generals that have motivations and agendas of their own.
* Victory is based on an intuitive points system where there are many “shades of grey” between outright victory and crushing defeat.
* Petition the Senate for the replacement of any Carthaginian general who has suffered a defeat. At the mercy of a powerful and unforgiving senate some generals are not just dismissed, but executed!
* Wage war across the ancient Mediterranean on a unique and beautiful map divided into 6 theaters of operation, 13 provinces, and 8 sea zones.
* The system of option cards and the variety of elected Roman commanders makes almost every game different.
* Several extensive tutorials and a robust in-game help system make picking up the sword and carrying on the campaign a breeze.
* Use diplomacy and politics to convince the Carthaginian Senate to cooperate with your plans and to sway the allies of Rome to switch sides and fight alongside Carthage.
Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.
Moderator: Slitherine Core
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Slitherine & Matrix are pleased to announce the release of Hannibal: Rome and Carthage. H:R&C in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic. With this military juggernaut of the ancient world at your disposal, you will vie for control over Italy, Carthage, Spain and the Mediterranean Sea using a combination of strategic political maneuvering and sheer tactical skill both on land and sea.
I realize this may be a stupid question but can Hannibal: R&C be played on windows 10? i asked only because i see the requirements only list vista and 7. i would love to purchase if it can be played on 10.
yes game works out of the installer for windows 10 with no issues