Friday Night Fever part 4

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Friday Night Fever part 4

Post by doomtrader » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

This is fourth week of our Friday Night Fever, and I'm really happy that you are reading this. I’m hoping that you were enjoy my previous entries about the Time of Fury and that you will follow me until the game will be released. This part of FNF is a little bit earlier as I'm planning to see the ‘True Grit’ (reminds me that I have to book the tickets) tonight. So wish me fun, as I love good western movies.

For this night I have prepared something really cool. This one is a part of the bigger task that we are currently working on and which will undoubtedly add a lot of attractiveness to the game.
So I'm not going to keep you in suspense anymore here is the screen for you:

......Image

Seeing something new?

As you can see we have added amount of troops and equipment to the units, so now land units have got soldiers, tanks, artillery and armored fighting vehicles (AFV) to represent all those armed jeeps, troop transporters, armored cars, and everything what can be a wheeled or tracked threat for enemy but can't be classified as a tank. Also for the air units there is a number of planes and soldiers to represent crew needed to flight on the machines.

What is really nice is that all those values can be changed for unit's type, level and country. So the amount of variables is really huge.
I must tell you, this is a very big task as we need to search for the data about the size of the units, which are really vary for different countries in different years.
This is not all that we are going to implement but this is all what I'm going to tell you about that now. If you have got some questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to feed your curiosity.

Return to “Time of Fury”