Friday Night Fever part 6

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Friday Night Fever part 6

Post by doomtrader » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Are you ready to rumble? Sixth part of the Friday Night Fever is ready for you.
The more time I spent testing the Time of Fury, the more I like Clash of the Titans campaign. This is the scenario where 'Germans still had a chance' to defeat Soviet Union and help Italians to defend gains in Northern Africa.
The Blitzkrieg doctrine in Russia didn’t work in 1941 and there is another chance to do it in 1942.
German army still have got possibility to organize offensives on strategic levels both in USSR and in Africa and soviet army is still not fully recovered. On the other hand Soviets are hard enemy to defeat. A lot of units, sent one after another against German Tanks slowing down advance of the Panzer Waffen. It is hard to make a break wide enough to send couple of armored divisions into the enemy rears. Even if this can be achieved, some forces must be sent to secure the breach.

Unfortunately in my every game when I try to capture El-Alamain, Rommel has been beaten by the Monty’s troops. Italians are no use as they are too weak to attack and after couple of turns even to defend. In my last game I decided to occupy Vichy and send two armored divisions from France to NA. Hopefully they will be able to get to Tobruk before the Allies.
At the eastern front I'm stuck trying to breach trough the masses of Soviet infantry. They are everywhere. What is very alarming I already spotted to armored corps. Those units are a real threat for my stretched lines. Not to mention that large Soviet forces arrived in northern part of Finland, and it looks I’m not going to be able to stop them without sending some reinforcements.
Another thing that worries me are partisans, spreading all over eastern and southern Europe. I need to send some low level units to fight them before they will capture some cities.

Below you can see where my impatience leads me to.

North Africa:

Central Eastern Front:

Southern Eastern Front:

Northern Finland:

Eastern Front - Strategic View:

Return to “Time of Fury”