Tutorial: How to replace an image in the Campaign Menu

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Tutorial: How to replace an image in the Campaign Menu

Post by VPaulus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I'll use as an example Panzer General Classic Mod.

PGCM uses the slot 1 of campaigns. That means the image that we want to replace is the one in the upper left of the campaign menu.

There are 3 images for each slot: One for default position, other for highlight (when the mouses hover it) and finally one more for select (when you select).
The images are in UI\gamesetup folder:
1_default.png
1_highlighted.png
1_selected.png
The number on the filename, indicates the slot. If it was slot 2 the filename would begin with 2 instead of 1.

1_default.png:

We need an image that will fit that photo. In my example, I used an image with the 269x166 pixels.

My image:

Now you must copy and fit over the original. The right angle must be chosen, so rotate it until it fits:

Don't forget to clean it, in this case it was only the rest of the tag with 1939-1945 write on it:

Now remember that you've to make three. Here I used the same method as the original, by only basically changing the lightning of the image. But you can let your creativity fly.
Remember that you want only to change the image lightning, and not the background.

The overall picture:

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 am

Thanks, VPaulus, excellent image!

naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by naturesheva » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 am

Very good tutorial!
I just post a test I did for our MOD
:D :D

jaggy

Post by jaggy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 am

Hi, VPaulus, could you make an image for nikivdd's "Italian Campaign". I would attempt to do it myself but I not very good at this editing stuff. Thanks in advance.

@naturesheva - nice-looking image for your campaign. If I have time, I will try and play it.

jaggy

Post by jaggy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi, VPaulus. For this Classic Mod, your post shows "1default" and "1selected" pngs but its missing the "1highlighted" png. Could you kindly provide that image. Thanks in advance.

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm

All the various files are for is the states of the mouse-over and when the image is clicked. Just copy and rename one of the other two to 1_highlighted and put it in the UI\gamesetup folder with the other 2.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”