Stalingrad standalone scenario - bug report

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Stalingrad standalone scenario - bug report

Post by RobertCL » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Bug Report

I have downloaded v 1.02 and installed it, I started from a fresh brand new standalone scenario (no use of any saved game).

Stalingrad scenario is still bugged, this problem is known for a long time now...

The game stops with a victory when you capture all VHs but those located in the Caucasus.
It is very sad to be forced to stop the game when I have all units and the remaining turns needed (9 remaining turns in my case) to capture the Caucasus VHs (I had already captured Maikop).

I think it is high time to correct the victory conditions of this standalone scenario (the best one of the game according to me BTW).

The way the scenario is designed now forces the player to capture the Caucasus VHs first and then Astrakkhan (the VH located well after Stalingrad in the East).

Second point: what is mentionned in Wikipedia is wrong and I have the confirmation from people of the Belgian, French and British army: the Do 335 Pfeil was NEVER used as fighter-bomber, is was used as fighter and more rarely as night fighter.
The e-file should be adapted accordingly (BTW the original PG and Allied General and PG2 and PGIII have never put the Do 335 in the same class as the Stuka!

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 am

What a plane is built and designed for, is different than what is used for.

Just like the Gloster Meteor, designed as fighter but used as fighter bomber.

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by RobertCL » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello,

1. Do you intend to correct Stalingrad scenario for the next version of the game or am I alone with this observation (bug finding) ?

Just like the Gloster Meteor, designed as fighter but used as fighter bomber
except that the Meteor is properly set in the fighter class I think.

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by RobertCL » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Apparently the scenario (standalone mode) is properly configured, why does not is work as intended ?

I used v 1.02 from scratch (no saved game).

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 am

It needs to be -1 -1 or change it to 28 -1 for minor victory

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 am

I don't think there's a problem here. Those triggers are out of date, which is why they probably don't work, but so is your game version.
We're up to 1.04 you know. ;)

Return to “Panzer Corps”