Experience in the new DLC question

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Experience in the new DLC question

Post by soldier » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm playing through the second battle of the Polish campaign on field marshall level and already have one artillery piece with 2 stars and several other units who are close to gaining a second. I'm wondering how experience is handled in the new grand campaign now that it is much longer and has many more battles. Has the rate that experience is accrued at been slowed at all or could a player end up with a 5 star army by the time he finishes France ? (provided hes good enough).

Great battle by the way

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Hope this thread helps answer you're question

viewtopic.php?t=29134
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

HeinzG
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by HeinzG » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 pm

From viewtopic.php?t=29134 :
The experience cap for units in DLC 1939 is 225 experience. Or a 2 Star unit.
The experience cap for units in DLC 1940 is 325 experience. Or a 3 Star unit.

And this trend of easing the experience cap will continue as the DLC campaigns continue.

Also, medals being awarded and heroes being earned have both been slowed down compared to the primary campaign to compensate for an overall much longer campaign (70-100 scenarios is the end goal for this first DLC series).
So no, no chance of getting any 5 star unit in France :)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 pm

HeinzG wrote:So no, no chance of getting any 5 star unit in France :)
Nope. But then, would you really want that? ;)

BloodCat
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Experience in the new DLC question

Post by BloodCat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 pm

I'll add that for DLC '41 exp cap is 375 (3 stars) and for DLC '42 it's 425 (4 stars). I know it's a common info, but i hope that'll help new players.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks, BloodCat. :)

Omnius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Omnius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm trying to figure out how experience works in Grand Campaign of the PC Gold version. I know on Field Marshall level my experience is halved when playing individual scenarios. I can't find any info on when experience gets halved on Rommel level. Is Rommel level like the Field Marshall level in that our unit experience gets halved between battles? Or between individual campaigns. I read that experience is saved at the end of each individual campaign in the Grand Campaign. Is it carried over in full to the next campaign at the Rommel level or is it halved again?

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Omnius wrote:I'm trying to figure out how experience works in Grand Campaign of the PC Gold version. I know on Field Marshall level my experience is halved when playing individual scenarios. I can't find any info on when experience gets halved on Rommel level. Is Rommel level like the Field Marshall level in that our unit experience gets halved between battles? Or between individual campaigns. I read that experience is saved at the end of each individual campaign in the Grand Campaign. Is it carried over in full to the next campaign at the Rommel level or is it halved again?
Experience is capped at 225 in 1939 Campaign regardless of level played at.
Field Marshall experience is halved but prestige is received at normal level.
Rommel experience is received as normal but prestige is halved.

When you start 1940 Campaign you will be prompted if you want to import the army you finished the 1939 Campaign with , say yes and you will import the army you finished 1939 with including the same amount of prestige and experience and you will get to choose which level you want to play it at.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Omnius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Omnius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 pm

goose_2,
Thanks for the informative answer. You did leave me hanging on my next question. After I import the 1939 core does the new Rommel level apply it's effects again? If Field Marshall would it halve my experience again before starting the first battle of that campaign?

I've got to find the info on the effects of the 3 leaders for campaign games. I remember Guderian is all about Macht Schnell! Less turns for victory levels. I like asking questions before finding out the hard way.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

No,
Whatever way you end the 1939 Campaign is how you will start the 1940 Campaign.
You will just start earning based on the difficulty level you choose for that Campaign.

So for Example:
I finish 1939 Campaign with like 50 units all with 1 or 2 stars experience and a few heroes and because I played on Rommel Level I finished with 8000 prestige. (This is just a hypothetical.)
Now I want to play Field Marshall level in 1940.

You will start with the exact same army you ended with and have 8000 prestige but in 1940 you will be earning full prestige but your experience will start earning half of what it was in 1939 because now you are playing on Field Marshall level.

Let's switch it.
Same 1939 result 50 units all with 1 or 2 stars experience in 1939 and 8000 prestige after playing on the Field Marshall level.
You want to play Rommel in 1940 so you start with 8000 prestige and exact same units, but now in 1940 you will only be earning half as much as you did in 1939.

I hope this makes it clear.
Let me know.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Omnius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Omnius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm

goose_2,
Thanks again for more info. I found the post that shows what each campaign difficulty level does. I would imagine once one starts with Rommel level they'll stay at that level throughout the Grand Campaign. I wouldn't want to do Field Marshall level in the campaign and have accumulated experience halved, bad enough in single scenarios. Guderian level looks tough with reduced turns for victory, which reduces prestige earned. Manstein looks like you have to slaughter a whole lot of enemy strength, could be fun too.

Also nice to know the halving of prestige is merely on earnings instead of accumulated, that's a good thing to know.

I'm lucky I picked up Panzer Corps Gold for half price and it's my very first Panzer Corps game. I did have the old Panzer General game so have some familiarity with how things work.

Return to “Panzer Corps”