New Romanian units

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

New Romanian units

Post by dragos » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Some tanks, more will come

Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

R-1 tankette
Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

R-35
Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

R-35 w/45mm gun
Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

R-2
Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by nikivdd » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Great initiative! The axis minors surely could get a boost. Really nice job :)
Are you planning to make them available for download?
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8095
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Looking good.

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by dragos » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks! Sure, they will be available to download when complete.

Tanks complete, next will be tank-destroyers and SP-artillery

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Kerloc
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Kerloc » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:24 pm

yeah really nice

Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Mark50 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:50 pm

What a nice surprise! Splendid job! Can`t wait to see the TACAMs! :D What programs did you use to make them btw?

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by jaggy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 am

Excellent! Looking forward to their release. :)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8095
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Could you use this thread to post all your units, Dragos? Or at least the Romanian ones?
What name will you use for your mod? Romanian Units?
I'll update the sticky Mods with a link to this thread.

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by dragos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Of course! Let's call it Romanian Units Pack. I'll provide the download once all important Romanian equipment is in. It's pretty useless without a custom scenario or campaign, but this is a starting point.

I was wondering how could various custom equipment could be merged together. I have noticed that you can give whatever ID not already in use to new rows in the equipment file, so I have started from ID 5000, thinking no other custom equipment is in this range. We should reserve ranges of IDs so we could merge multiple equipment files without breaking custom scenarios.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8095
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:45 pm

dragos wrote:I was wondering how could various custom equipment could be merged together. I have noticed that you can give whatever ID not already in use to new rows in the equipment file, so I have started from ID 5000, thinking no other custom equipment is in this range. We should reserve ranges of IDs so we could merge multiple equipment files without breaking custom scenarios.
True.
But nobody, so far, had any initiative in promoting and organizing the equipment and efx files.
And then everything would to be unofficially, and I'm snot sure if all the modders would agree.
In a way we're still waiting how the game will evolve in terms of modding support. The cosmetic mods are still dependent on GME. I think will have to wait a little longer for that.
Last edited by VPaulus on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by dragos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Mark50 wrote:What a nice surprise! Splendid job! Can`t wait to see the TACAMs! :D What programs did you use to make them btw?
I'm using GIMP (so no 3D models for the big image - but that's not too important IMO, I'll use historical pictures)

For example:

TACAM T-60, mix the following existing icons: T-60 (obviously :D), Panzerjager I, 76mm M3 artillery, a lot of hand retouching, and here it is:
Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by dragos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

VPaulus wrote:
dragos wrote:I was wondering how could various custom equipment could be merged together. I have noticed that you can give whatever ID not already in use to new rows in the equipment file, so I have started from ID 5000, thinking no other custom equipment is in this range. We should reserve ranges of IDs so we could merge multiple equipment files without breaking custom scenarios.
True.
But nobody, so far, had any initiative in promoting and organizing the equipment and efx files.
And then everything would to be unofficially, and I'm snot sure if all the modders would agree.
And in a way we're still waitnig how the game will evolve in terms of modding support. The cosmetic mods are stuill dependent on GME. I think will have to wait a little longer for that.
Some questions:

- What is GME ?

- Is the Scenario Editor provided with the game usable to make custom campaigns ?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8095
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:00 pm

dragos wrote:- What is GME ?
Generic Mod Enabler
dragos wrote:- Is the Scenario Editor provided with the game usable to make custom campaigns ?
You create the scenarios with the editor and then you can use Mark' editor.
Also take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=26898

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by nikivdd » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Those romanian units are a blessing for what i have in mind.

Thanks again for a great job!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8095
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

nikivdd wrote:Those romanian units are a blessing for what i have in mind.

Thanks again for a great job!
Does that mean that I need to add new sounds? :lol:

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by nikivdd » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:10 pm

VPaulus wrote:
nikivdd wrote:Those romanian units are a blessing for what i have in mind.

Thanks again for a great job!
Does that mean that I need to add new sounds? :lol:
:oops:

likely if you find the time :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by bebro » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Nice work with those units :)

Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Mark50 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 pm

dragos wrote: It's pretty useless without a custom scenario or campaign, but this is a starting point.
It wouldn`t be if they`d allow the buying of non-german axis units during the campaign. I`ve been trying to convince them in a thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=286541#286541
In this case you could recruit some of your new Romanian units during the Belgrade mission and take them along with you in the campaign. Then you should be able to do it again in the 1942 campaign at Sevastopol and Crimea with the units that appeared later in the war. With such an option in place the addition of units for the minor factions would be worth while even without making new scenarios and campaigns. And it`s something that was available in Panzer General 2. Even in Panzer General 1 iirc you could buy non-german units even if you couldn`t take them along. I really hope they`ll implement that feature. It would make the whole campaign experience richer by adding more options for the player.
I'm using GIMP
Good job then! I would have thought the CKD tankette was 3d in its original form.
(so no 3D models for the big image - but that's not too important IMO, I'll use historical pictures)
Personally I`d have preferred to have the big renders too. If not for esthetic reasons than for consistency with the rest of the game`s units.
For example:

TACAM T-60, mix the following existing icons: T-60 (obviously :D), Panzerjager I, 76mm M3 artillery, a lot of hand retouching, and here it is:
Image
It looks great! How would you make an IAR 80 though? You`d need to start from scratch. Unless you use a FW 190 as a base and edit that.

dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by dragos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 am

Mark50 wrote:2. Even in Panzer General 1 iirc you could buy non-german units even if you couldn`t take them along. I really hope they`ll implement that feature. It would make the whole campaign experience richer by adding more options for the player.
You can buy non German units in PzC too but you need to have a city with a flag for that country. For in-game screenshots I use Stalingrad scenario with hotseat, allow a Romanian unit to occupy a Soviet city, then buy.
Mark50 wrote:
I'm using GIMP
Good job then! I would have thought the CKD tankette was 3d in its original form.
Sometimes scale models are good as well :)
http://www.milicast.com/shop/product.ph ... 113&page=3

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by nikivdd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:24 am

dragos wrote:
Mark50 wrote:2. Even in Panzer General 1 iirc you could buy non-german units even if you couldn`t take them along. I really hope they`ll implement that feature. It would make the whole campaign experience richer by adding more options for the player.
In Panzer Corps you can have axis minor units in your core and thus take them to the next scenario.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”