Introducing the SS Panzer Corps

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Introducing the SS Panzer Corps

Post by airbornemongo101 »

I'm not,,repeat not going to get into a pissing match over why I'm making this mod or the changes I made.

If you have legitimate suggestions I will take them under advisement.

Changelog,,instructions and acknowledgements are included in the zip file.

See new link below for final version of mod

I highly recommend using the following along w/ this Mod

VPaulus's Real Sound Mod Redux

Mannocks Campaign add-on

Here is a list of stuff that I did:

All of the Heer units now have a corresponding Waffen SS unit. I did not include captured equipment into this mod, just "good old" Heer units converted to SS. Nor is there any SE units,,only the Storch is available as a bonus
Stat changes are as follows:

All SS Infantry:

+1 hard attack
+1 soft attack
+1 intitiative
+1 ammo

cost is +60 prestige than their Heer counterparts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All SS Armor:

+1 intitiative
+1 ammo

Cost is +30 prestige than their Heer counterparts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All SS Arty:

+1 intitiative
+1 ammo

SS Arty. cost is now +30 prestige than their Heer counterparts

*******Following additional stat changes to both Heer and SS Arty.*******

7.5 cm FK 16 was made airborne capable (both Heer and SS)

SturmPanzer I range changed (-1) to 2 (both Heer and SS)

17cm K 18 range changed (+1) to 4 (both Heer and SS)

All SS Flak:

+1 intitiative
+1 ammo

SS Flak units cost is now +30 prestige than their Heer counterparts

*******Following additional stat changes to both Heer and SS Flak units*******

3.7 cm Flak made airborne capable (both Heer and SS)

12.8 cm Flak40 given a "dual" Pak mode w/ corresponding changes to the Pak mode (both Heer and SS)

All SS Pak:

+1 intitiative
+1 ammo

SS Pak units cost is now +30 more prestige than their Heer counterparts

*******Following additional stat changes to both Heer and SS Pak units*******

3.7cm Pak made airborne capable (both Heer and SS)
12.8cm Pak added in "dual" mode from the 12.8cm Flak (both Heer and SS)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All SS Recon:

+1 spotting
+1 initiative
+1 ammo

All SS Recon cost is now +45 more prestige than their Heer counterparts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All SS Ground Transport:

The Sdkz251&250

+1 initiative
+1 ammo
+1 hard attack
+1 soft attack

Opel Blitz

+2 ground defense
+1 air defense

All SS transport cost +15 more prestige than Heer counterparts.

Waffen SS portraits added to replace vanilla Heer portraits.

Ambush Camo scheme made by Flak and Rezaf used for vehs. There is no Camo available for towed Arty/Flak/Pak units nor is there a good Camo scheme available for aircraft.
If good camo'd skins are made for the towed stuff and aircraft I will definitely add them into the mod.

Feisler Storch made by BosDragon added as the only bonus unit available and the limit is three.

**********EDIT*******************************EDIT******************

The final version of the SS Panzer Corps has arrived------new Inf. skins and new skins for all towed guns are included.

A VERY HUGE THANKS TO VPAULUS FOR MAKING THE NEW SKINS

Here's the new link for the final version of the SS Panzer Corps. All install instructions stay the same

No longer available.Combined into the Elite Units Mod
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Great job, airborne! :D
Thanks.
airbornemongo101

Thanks Paulo
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

The mod looks really interesting, airborne, and I know I am not allowed to debate it but I'm not sure what the distinction is with 'legitimate suggestions' is, so here goes:

Would you consider a relative increase in costs rather than a flat one? The reason I ask is that, for example an SS Tiger II will cost 30 prestige more to get the +1 init and ammo (30/990 = 3% of its value = a very cheap and powerful upgrade). A Pz IVH would cost (30/486 = 6% of cost = still a very cheap upgrade but about twice the size of the KT). A percentage increase might be 'fairer' based on the current value e.g. 10% of current value. What do you and others think?
steam123
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by steam123 »

way to go airdale im an old squid!! way too cool man cant wait to play i hope my request about an ss mod didnt make you hurry but thanks .
airbornemongo101

El_Condoro wrote:The mod looks really interesting, airborne, and I know I am not allowed to debate it but I'm not sure what the distinction is with 'legitimate suggestions' is, so here goes:

Would you consider a relative increase in costs rather than a flat one? The reason I ask is that, for example an SS Tiger II will cost 30 prestige more to get the +1 init and ammo (30/990 = 3% of its value = a very cheap and powerful upgrade). A Pz IVH would cost (30/486 = 6% of cost = still a very cheap upgrade but about twice the size of the KT). A percentage increase might be 'fairer' based on the current value e.g. 10% of current value. What do you and others think?

I would love to debate it,,via pm w/ you sir :wink:

What I meant by legitimate suggestions was exactly what you did,,you made your suggestion and backed it up (rather eloquently I might add :D ) with the reason why. Thank you . Lets wait and see and if others think like you (I personally think it's a great idea,,I will definitely include it in future versions. I don't know why I didn't think of it,,sorry :oops: ) if they do I will change it immediately. Thanks again for the input,,and Thanks for the interest.

@Steam

Listen here you semen :lol: ,,you call me an Airdale again and me and are you gonna have some problems :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: ,,,I took off in aircraft,,and then proceededed to fall out of them (that 1st step is an absolute bitch :cry: ) or slide out of a helo on a rope. I didn't land in em' like the Wingnuts (no offense to any Air Force vets :D ,,well maybe a little offense...No I'm only kidding :lol: ...sorta :wink: :D )

Only kidding steam,,now I know you to pm when the Army-Navy game comes on next year. You didn't rush me.

Thanks for the interest in the mod steam.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I love this military jargon. :lol:
I suppose it's universal, the rivalry between army forces.
We in the artillery branch usually picked on the infantry. 8)
airbornemongo101

VPaulus wrote:I love this military jargon. :lol:
I suppose it's universal, the rivalry between army forces.
We in the artillery branch usually picked on the infantry. 8)

Oh God,,,,,you're a gun bunny :shock: :!: :?: :wink:

I don't know if I can be friends w/ you anymore,,,I mean,, how can any self-respecting former Grunt (such as yours truly :D ) be seen corresponding w/ a gun bunny :roll: :wink: :lol:

Btw,,thanks for adding my Mod to the Mod Sticky Paulo,,thank you very much. :D ,,as always I'm in your debt sir 8)

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Oh God,,,,,you're a gun bunny :shock: :!: :?: :wink:

I don't know if I can be friends w/ you anymore,,,I mean,, how can any self-respecting former Grunt (such as yours truly :D ) be seen corresponding w/ a gun bunny :roll: :wink: :lol:
Ahah.
And guess what?! I was AAA. I suppose, now that's the final straw. :mrgreen:
airbornemongo101

VPaulus wrote:
airbornemongo101 wrote:Oh God,,,,,you're a gun bunny :shock: :!: :?: :wink:

Ahah.
And guess what?! I was AAA. I suppose, now that's the final straw. :mrgreen:

Naw,, I was Air Defense Artillery before I went and became a respectable Infantryman.

Thank God you weren't a true gun-bunny,,I do have my standards :wink:

My primary M.O.S was a Redeye and then later a Stinger Gunner when the Redye was phased out,,nuthin' like havin' to hump the boonies w/ 240 pds of missiles btwn 2 guys,,plus a radio,,weapons,,sidearms,,,ammo,,rations..etc. :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

The Stinger Gunners now are pansies,,they drive around in the Avenger :twisted: :roll:

We used to jump/air assault then have to hump w/ the grunts. We put the man :? in MANPAD/SHORAD (Man Portable Air Defense/Short Range Air Defense)

I actually had an easier time as a Grunt,,I only had to hump the 60 gun (M-60 .....a real weapon)

IF IT FLIES,,,IT DIES

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

In 84/85 we had Blowpipes and 20mm guns.
My MOS (I suppose that's expertize) basically was to establish observation posts in areas without radar cover, and communicating with the batteries of incoming friends or foes. So we had to learn how to distinguish both the NATO and the Warsaw Pact aircraft. The only weapon I've made acquaintance was the Heckler & Koch G3. I was married with her for 18 months. No M-60 I'm afraid. Indeed that a man's weapon. :wink:
Sorry for the off-topic.
airbornemongo101

I guess we got carried away...now back to topic :wink: :D

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Very nice camo on the SS units. It makes them very distinct from the stock units and blend in very nicely.
These units add more punch and flavor to the core and lift the vanilla campaign to a higher level.
It is always interesting to have a few of them in the frontline to crack the tough nuts.
IMO the parameters are adjusted fine without turning them into uber-uber units.

Perhaps, if that is possible, those units could carry a symbol too, like the stock units. It is merely an esthetic idea.

I'm looking forward to any further plans you might have with this mod!

Another idea: if you would use the vanilla e-file for panzer corps 1.05 as a base for this mod, it could be used with the DLC's.

Thanks for this very fine addition :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
airbornemongo101

Nico I used 1.05 and it does work w/ the DLC'S.

As for the imaging/symbology I have absolutely zero ability to skins or make icons,,,I really,,really suck :oops: .

My hope is that someday someone will skin the towed stuff and make "groundmode" animations and icons for the flak units and I would convert them and place them into the mod.

Thanks for the intersest

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Sleezly »

Nice job Airborne! Had some time on my hands so gave your mod a try! It also works with Niki's GTPG mod which I found out by accident after forgetting I still had it in GME! :o Being from PA, you're not a Steelers fan are you? If so I can't play yoür mod again since i am from Cleveland and a die hard Browns fan!!!!!! :P Just kidding Airborne and again I find your mod really good! Thanks!!! :D Oh and the thing I dont know about GTPG mod is if Your SS units will carry over to the following GTPG mods!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:Would you consider a relative increase in costs rather than a flat one? The reason I ask is that, for example an SS Tiger II will cost 30 prestige more to get the +1 init and ammo (30/990 = 3% of its value = a very cheap and powerful upgrade). A Pz IVH would cost (30/486 = 6% of cost = still a very cheap upgrade but about twice the size of the KT). A percentage increase might be 'fairer' based on the current value e.g. 10% of current value. What do you and others think?
Second that. It seems reasonable.
airbornemongo101

Sleezly wrote:Nice job Airborne! Had some time on my hands so gave your mod a try! It also works with Niki's GTPG mod which I found out by accident after forgetting I still had it in GME! :o Being from PA, you're not a Steelers fan are you? If so I can't play yoür mod again since i am from Cleveland and a die hard Browns fan!!!!!! :P Just kidding Airborne and again I find your mod really good! Thanks!!! :D Oh and the thing I dont know about GTPG mod is if Your SS units will carry over to the following GTPG mods!

I truly can't answer if the SS Mod will work with Nikivdd's "new" GTPG. I don't think it will because of the new data file that is present in the "new" GTPG.

It should work w/ the "old" GTPG because Nikivdd didn't add any new units to the "old" version.

No I'm not a Steelers fan :shock: :roll: :evil: :twisted: .

E A G L E S all the way baby,,,fly Eagles fly on the way to victory,,fly Eagles fly,,get a touchdown 1,2,3 :P :wink: 8)

Thanks for the interest in the mod sleezy
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

VPaulus wrote:
El_Condoro wrote:Would you consider a relative increase in costs rather than a flat one? The reason I ask is that, for example an SS Tiger II will cost 30 prestige more to get the +1 init and ammo (30/990 = 3% of its value = a very cheap and powerful upgrade). A Pz IVH would cost (30/486 = 6% of cost = still a very cheap upgrade but about twice the size of the KT). A percentage increase might be 'fairer' based on the current value e.g. 10% of current value. What do you and others think?
So do I,,it will be implemented. It's a great idea

I'll have to get you Paulo as well as Nico and El Condoro and figure out a resonable percentage

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

airbornemongo101 wrote:
VPaulus wrote:

I'll have to get you Paulo as well as Nico and El Condoro and figure out a resonable percentage
What about an incremental system?

PzI +5%
Pz II +10%
PzIII +15%
Pz IV +20%
Panthers +25%
Pz VI +30%
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
airbornemongo101

nikivdd wrote:
airbornemongo101 wrote:
VPaulus wrote: Second that. It seems reasonable.

What about an incremental system?

PzI +5%
Pz II +10%
PzIII +15%
Pz IV +20%
Panthers +25%
Pz VI +30%

The incremental sounds good,,but maybe not so steep :? .

A 30% percent increase for the Tiger would put it at 913 prestige :shock: ,,which is alot of prestige.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”