First V2 game CG Spartans vs Galatians

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Vespasian28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

First V2 game CG Spartans vs Galatians

Post by Vespasian28 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 am

I won't go into great detail about this as my opponent was pretty much a FOG novice so this was a learning game for both of us, from two different perspectives.

I usually go for TC's but to get my cavalry wing moving I had to go for an FC.

Interesting that loser of initiative picks terrain pieces first.

You definitely have to be more wary using LF as the reduced move doing the 180 degree double turn still leaves you pretty close to the enemy. That said I still didn't catch any of the blighters.
The 2MU deduction is a blessing(when your opponent uses it) and a curse (when you want to do it) but certainly makes skirmishers and drilled less slippery.

Didn't need to approach the LF bow in one rank with my protected mounted, they just shifted to that to avoid the Greek spears. The Spartans were a bit frustrated when the mounted could move back 2MU to keep them at a reasonable distance.

Combat was pretty much the same in this game although losing the impact phase, especially against opponents who give you an extra -1, is scary but if you use bigger units the -1 for 2HPB occurs less frequently. Plus rear support is easier to achieve.

I also like the better index which speeded up answering queries.

So, on the basis of this first game, I like V2 as much as V1. Roll on lots more games to see how my Classical Indians fare for starters then everyone else to see how V2 impacts on all sorts of interactions.

All we need now is for one of you bright sparks out there who knows computers better than I do to do a nice QRS.

jonphilp
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: First V2 game CG Spartans vs Galatians

Post by jonphilp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 am

The question is has V2 improved your dice during the game. One of the joys of V1 was to see your reaction as yet again you get a double drop during your cohesion tests.

Vespasian28

Re: First V2 game CG Spartans vs Galatians

Post by Vespasian28 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

My dice have improved of late but only because my dauhgter personally hand picked some new ones for me at Warfare. And I haven't played you yet!!

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”