advice for beginners

PC : AGEOD's series of Grand strategy games set during the Roman empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SullyRob
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

advice for beginners

Post by SullyRob »

So I got Alea Jacte est and its dlc a few days ago and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what was the best scenario to start on for beginners to Ageod games like this? I know its a pretty newbie question but the advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: advice for beginners

Post by Tamas »

Hi!

Which DLC did you buy exactly? Or did you mean all of them?

It helps if you start with a relatively small scenario, I think. Birth of Rome has some of those, for example the earliest scenario in terms of starting year (I am sorry, I've forgotten it's name) is not an easy one, but gives you just central Italy, and a couple of stacks to move, as Rome.

However, I would not shy away from larger scenarios either. The maps can be huge (some dealing with the civil wars cover the whole empire!), but there aren't a lot of units to take care of, so you can have a fairly easy time experimenting, and seeing what works with the game in terms of strategy.

As a general advice, I would say: do not ignore supply levels of your armies, and also don't send them into battle with low organisation levels. These were two common mistakes I was making as a newcomer to the AGEOD series.

Finally, I'd recommend you visit AGEOD's own forum for the game, a lot of the series' veterans can be found there:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=306
SullyRob

Re: advice for beginners

Post by SullyRob »

I meant all of the dlc. And thanks for the advice I'll head over to the AGEOD forum too.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”