Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderators: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators, Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Retributarr » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Encouraging High-Command Commendations... with... perhaps a 'Music-Selection' [Of your choice]... played by a Band!.
It's a kind of a 'Dry-Gratification'... to achieve or not to achieve a goal or an "Objective"... on a list of goals or "Objectives" to attain... and get no-recognition for it!.
Why-Not... instead have some representative from 'Head-Quarters' [The more that the importance of the 'Achievement is... the higher the 'Rank' of the HQ staff-member will be who will then contact you! ]... with an encouraging congratulations for a 'Job-Well-Executed!'... or alternatively... a 'disparaging-scolding' for 'Poor-Generalship' for a disagreeably 'botched-effort!.

Wolfenguard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wolfenguard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:07 pm

After my revisit of the scw and ao dlc mission there are some ideas for a change

End Screen after the campaign
In scw or ao you have st the end of the campaign sometimes cp over, so I think there should be a end screen where you can use this cp to buy units or get some more prototypes or captured equipment. Or you can send some of your aux units to you core unit.

Aux units especially scw
I think there should be a small change to them.aux units should be taken to the next mission and leave you at the end of the campaign. In the later missions they are a little bit useless especially when you have new units who fight against skilled enemy's.

Capture Equipment and Protypes
Atm I don't really know how to find a little better solution for them.
For the Captured Equipment they should be given not so much prestige for capturing and they should be cheaper to buy. Actually they are not really much better (From the caches) than your standartstuff ans cost the same with the drawback that you have only limited replacement.
So I think there should be a change, like a new resource capture points and prototype points.
For capturing stuff you get an amount of capture points and the ability to buy this units with little prestige and more capture points. For replacement you have to pay prestige and capture points. The same should be for the prototypes. If you have x prototypes with change to standard units you get an amount of x prototype points. With the trait industry connection there are now 2 possibilities what can happen 1. You get a new prototype for buying or you get more prototype points.
For units like the kv or other with you get trough cp aso there should be a new unit class named special. So long you don't capture 1 of this unit in a mission they use the old system. When you capture one the unit will change to captured Equipment like the prototypes from prototypes to standard.

Change of missions
I think there should be some changes in some missions.

Warsaw
The supply hexes should be deleted and the hangars and supply Depots should get more health and there should be some bridge inf units. After destroying the supply Depots and the bridge units the part of the city shouldn't have supply if you encircle the part. Atm you destroy the Depots but have to capture the points for encircelment.

Missions with Rommel.
I think there should be some change for his units. Especially in the last mission with Rommel wen he has 1 unit Flammpanzer 2 which we get 2 years later without industry connection

Invasion of England
The second mission where you will be lose your ships. There should be a special goal for saving the units or bring them to a escape area. Maybe you can buy with the cp some submarines for support or when you kill x units of the English marine they will retreat so you units will be safe.

Stalingrad.
There should be a change in the Mission if you help with air support (air support mission), actually the only difference is that you now can control the ground units and don't to have to destroy stuff on the other side if the river.

Inf units.
There should be a overhaul of the inf units.
Actually I only use the Azul and pioneers, when needed the air landers but the others are not really needed. Maybe some times the hill brigade.
The machine-gun inf should be get the rapid fire and the soft attack support skill.
A new unit type. At inf
With the at support skill and maybe bunker cracker

Wagner
There should be a small story like "yes iam survived. Whe had small problems with our radio so I changed place with müller. When we get hit by a granate müller get killed and I eas knocked out trough the much amount of blood they thinked müller was me and I müller."

Special tokens
ME Token
We don't know actually what we get for this token . We should get a squad of mes in the training mission in 42 or some prototypes

Jagd tiger token
Mhh yes and no. The 100 kv are a little to much for the 15 tiger p
It feels like the t shirts " hey my brother visited xyz and I only get this fu... t shirt."

Tassadar
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Tassadar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Now, I'm not sure if this was ever brought up, but I recently noticed that the Bf 110C in the Romanian equipment list is classed as a fighter, not a tactical bomber. This made me think, perhaps some planes that server this dual fighter/bomber role could switch between modes similarly to artillery? It would make them more interesting and adaptable. The difference would have to be quite subtle and it would have the issue of not really having a major visual representation difference, but maybe worth considering for some aircraft?

dalfrede
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by dalfrede » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Tassadar wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:21 pm
Now, I'm not sure if this was ever brought up, but I recently noticed that the Bf 110C in the Romanian equipment list is classed as a fighter, not a tactical bomber. This made me think, perhaps some planes that server this dual fighter/bomber role could switch between modes similarly to artillery? It would make them more interesting and adaptable. The difference would have to be quite subtle and it would have the issue of not really having a major visual representation difference, but maybe worth considering for some aircraft?
The Bf110 was a fighter.
In the Battle of Britain against the Spitfire it underperformed, and was relegated to ground attack and home defense [attacking allied bombers].

In PzC2 the only difference between TB and a Fighter is FighterSupport trait.
In PzC1 fighters got AA and Init boosts with experience, they don't in PzC2.
There switching to fighter mode makes a big difference, here not much.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

uzbek2012
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by uzbek2012 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am

Will the trophies be used en masse ?

http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/main.htm

Stormchaser
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Stormchaser » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:43 pm

uzbek2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am
Will the trophies be used en masse ?

http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/main.htm
I believe the Beutepanzers are fairly well implemented with the Capturing Equipment mechanics. The more you capture, the more you can use.

Retributarr
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Retributarr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 pm

"Selectable Option for 'Active-Player' to have their National Music to be played during their turn!":

It occurred to me not long ago... to instead have and listen to a 'Generalized-Musik' selection playing throughout the Game turns... that the player could instead 'Select' to instead opt for the various Major participating combatants to have their particular 'National Music' playing during their 'Active-Turn'. Of course... in this instance... the player could also choose what 'Music' that they would prefer to listen to... and as well... whether it be a 'Single-Stance'... or 'Multiple-Selections' to be played... sequentially and in what-ever order... one after the other!.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”