Two Working as Designed Questions

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
IdahoNYer
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Two Working as Designed Questions

Post by IdahoNYer »

In the middle of my first post tutorial campaign skirmish and to things puzzle me if they are supposed to happen.

1. Why is the political points maxed out at 10,000? Mid to late game, reinforcements can get pricey, and an effective campaign will give you points a plenty - but seems capped at 10,000. Doesn't seem right. I find myself buying out an Apache which I really don't need just to reduce the political points before I take out the Talibs with an airstrike and destroy the poppy fields just so the points don't go to waste. So is the 10,000 point limit working as designed? Does it vary by difficulty level?

2. Had an ANA FA unit damaged in a FOB. The FOB had a medical tent, but there is NO WAY to get the FA unit to the medical tent. Had to airlift the damaged FA unit to the Base Camp where it was able to be repaired and then fly it back. Is this correct or did I miss something?

Gotta say, this is a very fun game. Enemy is a tad predictable perhaps, but its fun to play. My wish list for additions:

1. A "are you sure" tab for the skirmish restart option which is of course just above the exit - my mouse slipped and restarted a campaign 12 turns in. Ugh!
2. A highlight friendly forces option - I've "lost" units in the river bed and mountains a couple of times.
3. An abilty to cycle or find units by type. Like list all Huskys or Buffaloes, to quickly locate them. Mid to late game, it can get a bit cluttered.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: Two Working as Designed Questions

Post by Every Single Soldier »

1. Yes by design , capped at 10,000, otherwise you could rack up 30,000 Pp and this would kill the handover. If you are regularly having to spend to keep PP low, I would suggest you crank up the difficulty level.

2. Not sure what FA is, assume it's either the infantry or the special forces, as these are the only units that could move into a hospital extension, which should be no problem at all. Not sure what the issue is here, if you could give specifics or maybe a screenshot, that would help.

Wish list additions noted, thanks for the feedback :)
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

FA is field artillery. Would the maint bay fix it if damaged.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Ok , artillery can also be repaired by the engineer (Buffalo) , will just confirm or at the HQ
No expertise in FOB or extensions to repair FA

Return to “Afghanistan '11”