Cannot connect or create multiplayer games

Tech Support
aardvak001
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Cannot connect or create multiplayer games

Post by aardvak001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 pm

I keep getting a connectivity error saying 'To improve connectivity, ensure you have UPnP enabled on your router or have forwarded TCP port 6120 to your device.'

I have tried power cycling router, changing TCP port and manually renabling TCP port 6210 on my firewall. I cannot connect to any multiplayer game and other people cannot connect to my game.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Cannot connect or create multiplayer games

Post by zakblood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 pm

welcome to the forum aardvak001, sorry you are having issues with the game

first find the make and model of the router,

then in a google search, type

how to enabled UPnP on your ---------- router

once you have the information and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is opened, the router will connect

Kayr

Post by Kayr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 pm

The same happened to me. I can't connect to any game, it asks to forward a port to increase the conectivity. Which is odd, because I had just stopped playing a match with a friend. When i had to stop for a bit, we saved, and we even tried to check if we could load the MP game. Seemed like we could, but never managed.

Now the most interesting part is that i live in 2 separate houses, and i downloaded the game on the same steam account to play with the same friend. And the same conectivity issue appeared.

So long story short, i managed to play 1 online match, after which, i couldn't join or connect to any other online servers or games. This makes me believe that the issue may be related to the cloud settings of the game on the account or somethin like that.

Oh.. and UnPnP is on.

Best regards,
Kayr

Wikkyd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wikkyd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Having similar issues, my friend can't join my game and he can't join mine. I've enabled upnp but it still isn't working :/

requiemnex

Post by requiemnex » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Same with my friend and I.

We have both enabled UPNP and opened recommended ports. We can not join one another's games but we can join if another friend starts the game. Its very strange.

KiwiQuest

Post by KiwiQuest » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:09 pm

I have the same issue.

Upnp is enabled (router and windows alike), port is forwarded (and tried multiple ports). Been through all the usual suspects of course, checking firewall settings and so on.

I can join some public games, so something works, but I specifically can't join my friend. He has the same error if he tries to join me, but can play with another friend just fine.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”