First Impressions

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

First Impressions

Post by bssybeep » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm

This is a fun game! Congratulations on a great release!

I'm playing as the Space Marines. Enjoying the unit and battle animations (something I missed in Armageddon) Music is good, stirring for battle (not quite as good as Chaos Gate, but close).

The difficulty balance seems a little off. On normal, I was barely two turns in and 3-4 of those robot units showed up and wiped me out. So on my next play through I set it to easy. The AI does a pretty good job pressing the attack, especially on weakened units.

During game setup, it would be nice to have the option to turn off the poisonous weed hexes.

The big feature missing is an army painter. If that could be added in a patch, I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Vasquez
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: First Impressions

Post by Vasquez » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Agree. Very good and fun game.

The difficulty is ok. Like in Pandora. You will get used to it. I had to Restart also two times with the Space Marines but meanwhile Iam cleaning the floor with Orks and Necrons =)

bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by bssybeep » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm

man, the AI is good. I've noticed it flanking my units, forming up it's forces before attacking, and focusing on my damaged units to finish them off. The AI also withdraws it's damaged units to heal. Not bad.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for the feedback. The wildlife is tricky. We want Gladius to seem like a hostile planet and dont want to make changes that make players feel safe exploring like a game of Civ.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”