OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by calmhatchery » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 am

bebro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am
There are a lot of nice ideas in there, no doubt.

FWIW I'd like to return myself to the Asia/Pacific theatre at some point, but I guess not this year.

None of that is set in stone yet though, so there's plenty of options still open :)
YESSSSSS!!!!! there is many to explore it !!!!!

Wardawg56
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by Wardawg56 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:34 pm

Italy. Have you ever played the Avalon Hill classic "Anzio"? Great game.
He who gets there the firstest, with the mostest, wins!!

Wardawg56
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by Wardawg56 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Italy. Have you ever played the Avalon Hill classic "Anzio"? Great game.
He who gets there the firstest, with the mostest, wins!!

Zekedia222
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by Zekedia222 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 am

I am actually creating a pacific grand campaign in a mod I am working on. The hardest part is the China scenarios. The Chinese never really listed the organization of their units, but despite this, I am making progress.
Winchester: Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
A great quote from one of my favorite TV shows, M*A*S*H

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by calmhatchery » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:35 am

Zekedia222 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 am
I am actually creating a pacific grand campaign in a mod I am working on. The hardest part is the China scenarios. The Chinese never really listed the organization of their units, but despite this, I am making progress.
EXCELLENT! I would like to make my own custom GRAND JAPANESE campaign but unfortunelay Im too busy now....f....job :)

Zekedia222
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by Zekedia222 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am

So far, I have most of Malaya done. I’m gonna try to make it branch out more, instead of a linear series of battles. Its always more interesting, at least to me. Just know, some of the maps are BIG, most notably the Singapore map. My computer can run it fine tho, so it should be fine to run for almost everyone. Also note, this, or more accurately these, campaigns will be on a mod, so quite a few custom units. All are just reused textures, since I don’t have the patience or the knowledge, but its better than the handful of ships and whatnot that vanilla gives you.
Winchester: Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
A great quote from one of my favorite TV shows, M*A*S*H

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am

Zekedia222 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am
So far, I have most of Malaya done. I’m gonna try to make it branch out more, instead of a linear series of battles. Its always more interesting, at least to me. Just know, some of the maps are BIG, most notably the Singapore map. My computer can run it fine tho, so it should be fine to run for almost everyone. Also note, this, or more accurately these, campaigns will be on a mod, so quite a few custom units. All are just reused textures, since I don’t have the patience or the knowledge, but its better than the handful of ships and whatnot that vanilla gives you.
It is great. I have a good strong PC too so Im waiting for the news from you....BTW I like this theatre too....thanks ...

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by terminator » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 am

calmhatchery wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am
Zekedia222 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am
So far, I have most of Malaya done. I’m gonna try to make it branch out more, instead of a linear series of battles. Its always more interesting, at least to me. Just know, some of the maps are BIG, most notably the Singapore map. My computer can run it fine tho, so it should be fine to run for almost everyone. Also note, this, or more accurately these, campaigns will be on a mod, so quite a few custom units. All are just reused textures, since I don’t have the patience or the knowledge, but its better than the handful of ships and whatnot that vanilla gives you.
It is great. I have a good strong PC too so Im waiting for the news from you....BTW I like this theatre too....thanks ...
There’s a new Beta waiting for you:

spotlight_image.jpg
spotlight_image.jpg (65.04 KiB) Viewed 251 times

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by terminator » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:53 am

bebro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am
There are a lot of nice ideas in there, no doubt.

FWIW I'd like to return myself to the Asia/Pacific theatre at some point, but I guess not this year.

None of that is set in stone yet though, so there's plenty of options still open :)
I hope we finish the Soviet campaign before going anywhere else.

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by FOARP » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 pm

bebro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am
There are a lot of nice ideas in there, no doubt.

FWIW I'd like to return myself to the Asia/Pacific theatre at some point, but I guess not this year.

None of that is set in stone yet though, so there's plenty of options still open :)
IMHO, Korea 1950-53 should be a no brainer for this series. It's roots are in amphibious Asia-based warfare which Korea definitely had, with the added bonus that you can deploy late-war equipment (Pershings, Centurions, Stalin tanks etc.) and jet fighters without having to come up with some convoluted nonsense like Japanese Tigers fighting in the battle of Rangoon. Also the Communist Chinese and North/South Koreans are new factions,

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle Series”