Fantastic game!

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Friedrich1250
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Fantastic game!

Post by Friedrich1250 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:15 pm

I really like this game a lot - great work, people! Finally, I can play a 4X game that is not too complicated, but there is much to do and to consider. Artwork and music are really beautiful and the AI is demanding, which is not often the case with other games. What could you dislike about this game? I have a lot of fun with your little gem. Thanks for this fantastic game!
Regards
Andreas

zhukodim
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Fantastic game!

Post by zhukodim » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:02 am

Glad you enjoy the game! Actualy the game is much deeper than first imression about it. You can see it in multiplayer for example. Also soon we will get DLC with tyranids.

eddieballgame
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by eddieballgame » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 am

The game is really, really good; but it truly shines in multiplayer.

CustodianV131
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by CustodianV131 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Seems most people that play it are pleasantly surprised by it. Of course the Warhammer 40K theme creates a niche, but its a big enough niche that a lot of people will hopefully discover this gem.

I know I try and get people to give it a go for sure. So far no complaints of those that tried it.

petike811
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by petike811 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi to all!
This game is the best thing happened since PG2, sure there were others, but I think this game honors that one memory in a good manner.

Still there are some issues, while reading about this game on different forums. I am afraid that all those MMO forum whiners will put the game development to a wrong track.
For example there is a Steam thread about balance, concerning op baneblade vs poor nids.
There are a lot of replies and none mentioning the usages of relics, which is even in the title of the game.
Surly the slow baneblade can be quite cost effective, not to mention its scalling with relic.
And nids aggressivity can be misleading to some, like changing those “choke points” then be aggressive.
Skipping 10 turns is never a good idea, the result most of the time is punishing, I wonder why are they playing on large maps, probably not to get rushed so easily. But by the time the enemy get to them they are already sitting on a bunch of relics, thats the prize of neglecting zone control.
I can only hope that facetank mmo mentality era wont come back.

About implementation of the shared cooldowns:
I think its an absolutely great idea, which can be utilized further in this game.
For example I really missed “overrun” ability from pg2, yes the tank commander has that, but that ability consumes the action, and probably cause of the simult. turns they put that ability that way. The shared cooldowns can open up different usage of different abilities dev don’t need to choose. Player will choose how they see fit. So I hope in the near future will see good innovative traits, abilities, don’t be shy to fill up those brackets.

Best wishes,

u.i. blaming nids' belly forcaster aka vampirelord is like blaming the vampires from the homm series not being dragons.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”