The Field of Glory 2 Mod system

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

The Field of Glory 2 Mod system

Post by Paul59 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 pm

There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding in the FOG2 community about how the mods system works. This is probably created by players familiarity with how mods work in the Total War series and other games.

In FOG2, mods are installed in a completely separate folder to the main game installation folders (see below). Therefore they do not change the base game in anyway. The mods are only active if you select them when starting a custom scenario or campaign. The only exception to this are Global Mods, at the moment there is only one publically available Global Mod, the Rise of AI.

You can install the TT Mod or the Silk Road mod safe in the knowledge that it will not affect your base game at all.

When you install Field of Glory II, a folder is automatically created in the My Documents part of your PC's file structure.

The exact address of that folder is different for the various versions of Windows. For Windows 7 it is C:\My Documents\My Games\FieldofGlory2. On my Windows 7 system, the folder looks like this:

The main FieldOfGlory2 folder and all it's sub folders are created automatically, you do not need to manually change the names or locations.

All user created scenarios, campaigns and most mods go into the CAMPAIGNS sub folder.

All user created MP scenarios go into the MULTIPLAYER sub folder.

All Global mods go into the MODS sub folder.

All your saved game files are automatically put in the SAVES sub folder.

All screenshots automatically go in the SCREENS sub folder.

Any error messages created by the game when there is a CTD are saved to the FieldOfGlory2 main folder. This is also where the OPTIONS and USER text files are saved.

When you download a scenario using the in-game download button, the system places the downloaded files in the correct folder automatically. For mods such as the TT Mod (which is too large to use the in-game system) and rico21s scenarios you have to paste the downloaded files into the correct sub folder yourself.

I hope this is useful.
Last edited by Paul59 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia.

TT Mod Creator

Yaitz331
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: The Field of Glory 2 Mod system

Post by Yaitz331 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes, it's very useful. Thanks.

Return to “Field of Glory II”