What kind of glue to I have to use?

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Quke
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

What kind of glue to I have to use?

Post by Quke » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Ok, I am stumped, I just tried gluing together these figures, waited until the morning and they just pop apart easily. When I used to wargame, I used superglue and pinning but I stopped wargaming years ago and now just do model kits and other hobby stuff. normally this liquid cement I have can fuse anything, scale model kits, pvc figures etc. However, these figures, the plastic refuses to fuse and even with 5 hours curing time my liquid cement is not enough. So before I coat these guys in layers of plastic cement, what the heck should I be using https://yourdiorama.com/glue-for-plasti ... s-reviews/ , please don't say epoxy.
this is my brand of liquid cement
any help would be great
Last edited by Quke on Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

pyruse
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: What kind of glue to I have to use?

Post by pyruse » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

It might help if you told us what make of figures you are talking about, and what they are made from

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by madaxeman » Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Looks like the OP has posted in order to provide us all with a link to an affiliate site, in which the website owner will gets a small kickback from Amazon if you buy anything after clicking these links.

Affiliate marketing websites (in the UK at least) are now required by law to make it reasonably clear that the links are affilate links and that there is a commercial benefit to the website owner should you buy after clicking them.... I did this retrospectively across all of the affiliate links on Madaxeman.com a while back, but can see no such information on this site!
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:10 pm

The post is over a year old tho Tim, you brought it back from the dead
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

madaxeman

Post by madaxeman » Thu May 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Always glad to be of service - it flagged itself as the most recent post in this section of the forum, and I missed the year but saw the months and date ....🤪
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

Return to “Modelling”