Naval Supply?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Nethog
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Naval Supply?

Post by Nethog » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:35 pm

The manual states that naval units themselves do not need supply, but can supply ground units by bring adjacent to a coastal hex. When you are in supply map mode the supply they can provide is in a large circular balloon, however there is also a small number beside the anchor icon - what does this number represent?

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Naval Supply?

Post by bru888 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Someone correct me if I am wrong but whenever a unit has both supply and command point factors, they are equal. The Japanese infantry on the island here has both supply and command point factors of 3. In this situation, with supply mode activated, the 3 refers to its supply needs.

The destroyer provides 4 supply and the supply ship 20 supply for a total of 24. The +21 showing for both the destroyer and supply ships means they, together, are providing 21 more supply than what is needed by the sole infantry unit on the island.

But you knew this already! I'm sure that you did. Instead, you want to know what that small tag is under each of the ships.

It is true that ships do not need supply for themselves but most ships have a command point factor. My thinking is that the game uses the same tag to indicate supply points and command points but for these ships, it's showing only command points.

The destroyer costs 3 command points but the supply ship, which cannot be purchased and become part of a core, does not count toward the command point limit.

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (116.18 KiB) Viewed 167 times
- Bru

Nethog

Re: Naval Supply?

Post by Nethog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Aha! Thanks Bru, good observation.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”