Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by batesmotel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 am

Division C

batesmotel (Romans) beat edb1815 (Thracians) 40-13

Thanks for the game.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

harveylh
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by harveylh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Division A

harveylh – Syracusan 280-211 BC with Carthaginian 235-146 BC ally defeats MikeC_81 - Roman 199-106 BC with Greek 227 BC ally, 62-38.

On a fairly open battlefield, the Carthaginian ally cavalry played havoc with the Roman flanks. In the climax of the battle, a lone Syracusan veteran hoplite held off for several turns both a Roman veteran legionnaire and Greek regular phalanx. The hoplite veteran unit passed repeated cohesion checks at bad odds and was the key to the win.

I could have used some of that luck in my game with Geffalrus. :)

Triarii
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Triarii » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Division A

Triarii (Carthaginian - Hannibal in Italy) defeats youngr (Italian Hill Tribes) 43-6

To paraphrase youngr this time 'a battle where quantity were unlucky to be beaten to the hills and quality could prevail'.

oscarius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oscarius » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 am

Division B

oscarius (Thracian) beat lydianed (Samnite) 60 - 49

With the evening dark beginning to set in (three turns left!) the victorious Thracians reflected upon the day's fighting. Their foe had been cautious, not budging from his ground even as our superiority in skirmishers saw his cavalry get chewed up under stationary fire. Knowing our lancers and pikes to be the only element in our force that could take upon the fiercesome Samnite infantry head-on we were not overly eager to initiate the melee either. Despite a very promising start with our cavalry and skirmishers having the better of things and our pikes making mincmeat of the Samnite's Celtic friends disaster loomed as a sole Samnite cavalry unit (severely understrength and on the verge of auto-collapse from skirmisher fire but not yet fragmented) snuck behind our lines and almost routed our entire pike line. We slowly re-gained momentum however (rallies were on our side too) and eventually won the day by chasing a fragmented enemy javelin unit off the map (a damn good thing too as the rest of the Samnite forces were securely parked on medium ground in the sensible hopes of waiting out a tie). Thanks for the game

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 am

Division C

fikabo(jewish with Romans) beat batesmotel (Romans) 48:21

The terrain was symmetrical.
River in the middle, hills on both sides of the river (a little longer on my side).

Both armies stood by their hills and none of them paid to attack.
It was beneficial to my army, which had weaker heavy units but much more skirmishes.
The fights took place only on the wings and when my skirmishes felt strong enough (or stupid) in the river that they did not evade.
The battle was won by my skirmishes which shots weakened a lot of units and an elephant which almost alone destroyed 3 good enemy units on the right wing and disrupted another one.

This game was most lucky in tournament for me:
my opponent lost two generals (including one during the charge on my yawellin),
at the beginning of the game one his horse evaded behind the board and did not return to the end of the game.
The elephant was finishing the next units exactly before he was threatened with a flank attack and was successfully fighting with 2 strong units at the same time.

Thanks for the game.

Questar17
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Questar17 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Division D

Questar17 - Carthaginian 235-146 BC with Syracusan ally vs bomber23 - Syracuse 412-281BC with Kyrenean Greek ally 46:19

thx for the game

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 am

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (958.42 KiB) Viewed 44 times

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 am

Weekly round-up
Geffalrus (Antigonid) is the new champion of Division A after defeating MikeC_81 (Roman) in a crucial match this week. harveylh (Syracusan) will finish second even if Triarii (Carthaginian) wins his last match because he will still have more wins than Triarii. In Division B Ulysisgrunt (Jewish) lost his last match and will be relegated. In Division C fikabo (Jewish) completed his second clean sweep of the season by defeating previously unbeaten batesmotel (Roman). And in Division D Questar17 (Carthaginian) won his last match to take second place ahead of 3 players tied in third place.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
Geffalrus (Division A) 9 matches and finished
Triarii (Division A) 3 matches
oscarius (Division B) 3 matches and finished
fikabo (Division C) 9 matches and finished
Questar17 (Division D) 3 matches and finished

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 44 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division B - 45 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 45 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division D - 45 out of 45 matches completed :D

These are excellent match completion rates. :D

Player of the week
Geffalrus (Division A) who won his last match to maintain his unbeaten record and become champion of this section. :D

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”