Scouting anomaly?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
MVP7
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Scouting anomaly?

Post by MVP7 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Restricting partial movement wouldn't have any effect on the scouting issues mentioned here. Partial movement is also sometimes needed to work around pathing issues.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Scouting anomaly?

Post by TheGrayMouser » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:50 am

MVP7 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm
Restricting partial movement wouldn't have any effect on the scouting issues mentioned here. Partial movement is also sometimes needed to work around pathing issues.
It would as I think the two are intertwined. But perhaps I wasnt clear on what I’m defining partial moves; they are moving a unit using some ap’s, then going to another unit, taking an action, and then going back to the first and moving more.

Let’s say the game had no partial moves as I defined, you could move a unit, and if whoops, you don’t like the move you can undo, and there is no need in most situations to reveal hidden units. However, if you commit to the move( by shooting or clicking on a new unit,) hidden tiles are THEN revealed.

Partial moves prevents( or massively complicates this recon by undo) Now “ most situations” refers to when a player tries to click on a grid thru or on a hidden unit, currently that is a tell someone is hiding... as the games tells you you cannot move there when you should be able to..,
It would be better if the game appeared to allow the move but your careless scout gets bushwhacked when executed.

Return to “Field of Glory II”