Units Assigned for Capture ?

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

conboy
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Units Assigned for Capture ?

Post by conboy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 am

I have exhausted the usual suspects and request experienced help --

I have 3 units of the 254th Regiment that are assigned to capture a hex, and to achieve the objective, it may only be taken by any of those three units. There are many units in the vicinity, but to achieve the objective, only one of the three units of the 254th Regiment may be the first to enter (capture) it.
I'm pretty sure I can set a trigger for (Trigger Event) "Capture VP" (Trigger Condition - Check unit(s) near hex distance "0") "3d/254th" (Effect) "Phase I Objectives Taken" and it will work -- but only for the 3d of the 254th.
Any way to select more than one unit as an option that won't make it necessary to have more units in the hex (an impossibility) when captured?

Put a different way, how do I satisfy an objective by taking it with one of three units, that exclude all others in the vicinity?

It doesn't look to be do-able -- I think I can make it work with any designated one but not with one of three possible.

Please advise with any hints or similar experience ...

conboy

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Units Assigned for Capture ?

Post by Erik2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:34 am

If I understand you correctly you are able to create a working trigger for one of the units using the 'Check Units near Hex' condition and Target Unit.
Have you tried duplicating this trigger twice and used Target Unit for each of the other units?
You may have to disable the 2 other triggers in each of the triggers to avoid the result being triggered 2 or 3 times.

Hope that made sense :D

conboy

Re: Units Assigned for Capture ?

Post by conboy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Aha! That's how ya do it! Thanks for reminding me, Erik.

conboy

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”