Skirmish Mode - Random Battles?!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

mackoso
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Skirmish Mode - Random Battles?!

Post by mackoso » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi, everyone!
I'm playing almost every good strategy game from Chess and Go to Combat Mission, COH2 and Steel Division for 25 years and this is my first ever post on a gaming forum.
I think Order of Battle is great!
What I don't understand is: why was the skirmish mode never implemented? This is what makes my other favourite startegy games so captivating.
I like the scenarios and the great player created campaigns (I much appreciate all the work some people put into this), but a skirmish mode would be great!
Maybe even allowing game modes that make this game play like Company of Heroes, i.e. "meeting engagement" where either party starts on one side with cities to conquer to earn requisition points /victory points.
Grand strategy skirmishing!
It is such a great game both graphically and gameplay wise and has such a solid basis to expand on. Skirmish mode / random battles with some customisation options is the one thing I am really missing.
Have great evening and a good week everyone!

mackoso

Re: Skirmish Mode - Random Battles?!

Post by mackoso » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Sorry for the repeated posts. Got an error message each time I submitted. Please feel free to delete duplicates.

gunny
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gunny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:22 am

About the only other thing you could do at this point is to make your own scenarios with complex AI plans that change

athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:24 pm

mackoso wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 pm
Hi, everyone!
I'm playing almost every good strategy game from Chess and Go to Combat Mission, COH2 and Steel Division for 25 years and this is my first ever post on a gaming forum.
I think Order of Battle is great!
What I don't understand is: why was the skirmish mode never implemented? This is what makes my other favourite startegy games so captivating.
I like the scenarios and the great player created campaigns (I much appreciate all the work some people put into this), but a skirmish mode would be great!
Maybe even allowing game modes that make this game play like Company of Heroes, i.e. "meeting engagement" where either party starts on one side with cities to conquer to earn requisition points /victory points.
Grand strategy skirmishing!
It is such a great game both graphically and gameplay wise and has such a solid basis to expand on. Skirmish mode / random battles with some customisation options is the one thing I am really missing.
Have great evening and a good week everyone!
I agree 100%
I have seen a lot of gamers requesting this, but it looks like the people in charge of this project do not want to spend the Cash for a programmer to develop a Battle Generator/Random Map Generator. The Editor that is included takes a lot of time to make a functional new map and scenario. Even if they included a Terrain map generator in the editor to make a new scenario faster would be an improvement.
That's why a lot of people (including me) are still playing games like JOHN TILLER'S CAMPAIGN SERIES and STEEL PANTHERS WORLD AT WAR (on sale right now!)

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by terminator » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:26 am

athineos wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:24 pm
I agree 100%
I have seen a lot of gamers requesting this, but it looks like the people in charge of this project do not want to spend the Cash for a programmer to develop a Battle Generator/Random Map Generator. The Editor that is included takes a lot of time to make a functional new map and scenario. Even if they included a Terrain map generator in the editor to make a new scenario faster would be an improvement.
That's why a lot of people (including me) are still playing games like JOHN TILLER'S CAMPAIGN SERIES and STEEL PANTHERS WORLD AT WAR (on sale right now!)
What takes the most time in creating a scenario is not the creation of the map but it is testing the scenario. It is for this that there are Beta for the new games.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”