How to delete independent army stack from savegame?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

arralen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

How to delete independent army stack from savegame?

Post by arralen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:04 am

I have that way to big "Germanic Independent" army stack in my savegame (viewtopic.php?f=534&t=94530&p=818570#p818570), that completely destroys everything in the germanic tribes lands, and can't be killed by any nation in that area, basically making playing that save pointless.

Is there any way to delete that ***** stack?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: How to delete independent army stack from savegame?

Post by Pocus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am

I would advise against editing the saved game!

What you can do instead is to add an event that would delete the army. The faster way would be to give me your saved game and I'll see what I can do. Prepare your orders as I'll run it one turn.

And name the region where you have a trouble.

ps: I won't do that often, I just can't alter saved games daily, or I would not have time for further game development :mrgreen:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

arralen

Re: How to delete independent army stack from savegame?

Post by arralen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 am

Pocus wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am
I would advise against editing the saved game!
What you can do instead is to add an event that would delete the army. The faster way would be to give me your saved game and I'll see what I can do. Prepare your orders as I'll run it one turn.
Oh many many thanks, no need - I found the modding wiki, will check out the event modding.
Pocus wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am
ps: I won't do that often, I just can't alter saved games daily, or I would not have time for further game development :mrgreen:
Yeah, lol, better spend your time on making sure this does not happen any longer with future versions, that's what everyone profits from. :D
Instead of fixing only my game that I most likely screw up at some point anyhow :oops: :wink:

If you'd like to get a save anyway to see what's going on with these stacks, just let me know!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”