Questions on the game

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kingstuart444
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Questions on the game

Post by kingstuart444 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 am

Thinking about getting this game with the sale going on

2 questions. Are you able to fight as the US on the west front in ant game?

I saw the many user made scenarios like Erik's or bru’s. Which game do I need to get those?
Thanks in advance

Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Questions on the game

Post by Spotlight22 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:30 am

Basically you have 'Order Of Battle' for free on steam (with the bootcamp) and for a price on GOG since the GOG version comes with the Pacific US DLC with the game.

OOB works in that each DLC is basically a game in itself using the OOB engine, I don't think to use Erik or Brus scenarios you need any specific DLC but it should say that on the download information if you do.

While each DLC has it's own flavor and everyone has different interests I recommend Sandstorm as the first DLC I'd get and play.

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by terminator » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 am

To play Custom Single Player Scenarios or Custom Campaigns, you need the base game (Order of Battle: World War II for FREE here or on Steam) and at least ONE of the DLCs (any one).
If you buy the games on Slitherine or on Matrix you will have the games without DRM as on GOG(the game belongs to you, final point, no control, no limitation) and also a Steam key for the same price :idea:

I find that the DLC "Order of Battle: Morning Sun" is a good DLC to start not too difficult, after that depends on tastes.

kingstuart444

Post by kingstuart444 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:36 am

Great thanx for the info

terminator

Post by terminator » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:09 am

If you are buying Dlcs with sequels, it is better to start with the first of the series but it's not obligatory.
Examples :
- Blitzkrieg -> Panzerkrieg -> Endsieg
- Sandstorm -> Endsieg
- Red Star -> Red Steel(in dev) -> ???
- Morning Sun -> Rising Sun

Other DLCs are independent: Burma Road, Kriegsmarine, Winter War, U.S. Pacific, U.S. Marines.

Zekedia222
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Zekedia222 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 pm

There are also mods, but alot of those are just changing small things, changing stats, mostly small things. I would also recommend custom scenarios, particularly Erik’s German campaign. I like that campaign alot, just because of how it spans the time. You start off with smaller tanks, building up. Thats just my opinion, though.
Winchester: Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
A great quote from one of my favorite TV shows, M*A*S*H

gunny

Post by gunny » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:06 am

kingstuart444 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 am
Thinking about getting this game with the sale going on

2 questions. Are you able to fight as the US on the west front in ant game?

I saw the many user made scenarios like Erik's or bru’s. Which game do I need to get those?
Thanks in advance
There is a downloadable Custom made campaign where you can do this I find these campaigns more difficult than the DLC stuff here is the link then download US CORPS 41-42, then 42-43, then the last one more may be coming who knows I hope you know what to do when ya download it .. unzip it then .. well, read the info on this .. its in a stickie

viewtopic.php?f=374&t=65107

Ok so inside that thread that the link points you too are many, many, custom made campaigns some are US in the West well, its Africa at first but anyway .. at the Main OOB forum there is a link to "Scenario Design" this opens up sub forums for OOB that have among other things stickies providing these threads .....

Return to “Order of Battle Series”