- Please streamline the process of making diplomatic requests. I think the process can be accomplished with a few less clicks.
- Provincial management improvements: Can we be allowed to remove a building selection from the construction queue of a region straight from the provincial screen (e.g. a right click)?
- Could we open the regional construction options for a given region in the provincial management view?
- Can we see a list of construction options available for regions that don't have slots? Construction options that don't require slots can still be built in regions without available slots, and this can be accomplished in the provincial management screen (e.g press "economic" button and a Craft District might appear in a region with no slots). Currently there is no way to see or select a building for construction in the regional management screen, unless you have slots available.
- I understand that adjustments are going to be made regarding ceding regions as peace terms, so I won't say any more about this for now.
- Many comments have been made about being deluged with transaction requests for provincial troops from other factions, but I believe you are aware and working on this.
- I had mentioned in a different thread about regulating resource exchanges. Turn 1 the Hiberni and Mauryan can exchange resources (money, manpower, metal, provisional troops). I would suggest limiting this to only those factions within trade range with a direct land route or water access. I think this should apply to peace terms as well, but I just came across a thread where I think you are addressing this as well.
- If 2 factions are at war and they have no water or land access to reach each other then perhaps there should be an auto truce after no troop contact for 5 turns.
- Currently, troops in enemy territory get kicked out immediately upon a peace deal, typically to their detriment (immediate attrition). I also think you are aware and going to make some changes to this as well.
The following is all interrelated...
- It is my opinion that resources become too abundant for larger empires. Smaller factions were typically more efficient with their resources, but larger empires should suffer from inherent inefficiencies. My basic proposal is the further away from the empire capital then the 3m's (money manpower, and metal) become less efficient. More specifically resources are subject to adjustments for different circumstances applied to the region and province (raiding, loyalty, disease, natural disaster, culture/ethnicity, distance to capital, etc). I know much of this is modeled, but I think it should be a bit more restrictive to lessen available resources.
- I would like to propose recruitment limits in provinces as a function of the manpower they produce. Right now the only provincial limiter in troop creation is equipment. While I think equipment serves an important purpose, I think manpower should be a significant factor as well.
- You could eventually work to add provincial governors that add bonuses or maluses to the province, and could add an additional layer of intrigue with empire management. Entire provinces could refuse to cooperate (no taxes or troop creation), but what does the Emporer do about it?
- Currently the way I see it money only has 2 purposes: paying for troops, and buying friends. Perhaps there should be other things to consider investing in?