Tournament diary and news . . .

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Tournament diary and news . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:54 am

The Themed Event semi-final line-up is beginning to take shape now . . .

1. Winner of Group A v dkalenda
2. GDod v hidde

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Second Time Control check this Sunday 8th March . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:45 am

The second and last Time Control check will take place this coming Sunday. The benchmark is 3 games completed in each section a player has entered. For those who have been playing in the Themed Event the target is 2 games completed in each of the other sections you have entered. Things are looking very good and I am not anticipating any changes. We do have one player who lives in a coronavirus hotspot and we have one player away for 2 weeks at the moment so I have given them exemptions from the Time Control check. They are both regulars in the FOG2DL and there has never been any match completion problems with them.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Second Time Control check this Sunday 8th March . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:50 am

There is one change to be made. I have removed melm from Early Middle Ages Division A. I have received no results from him and the 3 matches he had under way were badly stalled with no turns being played for nearly 2 weeks. He will be replaced by Triarii. Details of his army choice will be available shortly.

There are a few other examples dotted about the league where players have not completed 3 matches, but I am satisfied that these players are still with us and playing their matches at a pace now that will see completion of all fixtures by April 12th.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:09 pm

Triarii has replaced melm in Early Middle Ages Division A. He will be using the Spanish 900-1049AD army with Andalusian allies 756-1049AD.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Geffalrus has withdrawn from Early Middle Ages Division A. As he has completed 4 matches the remaining 5 matches will be awarded to his opponents under Rule 6. He will be finishing his last match in Classical Antiquity.

dkalenda
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by dkalenda » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Dear players of Div A Bliblical and Classic Ant. and Themed Event at the moment I don't know when I'll be able to go back home and so to play the pending games. I'm in South Africa now stuck here because of the Covid lockdown and without a proper computer allowing me to play. I'll be probably back to Italy (not the heaven for Covid at the moment) within 1 week using the special flight organized by the Embassy, but nothing is 100% sure, so I officially give up and thanks all of you that have waited me to come back. See you next tournament!

pompeytheflatulent
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pm

dkalenda wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:15 pm
Dear players of Div A Bliblical and Classic Ant. and Themed Event at the moment I don't know when I'll be able to go back home and so to play the pending games. I'm in South Africa now stuck here because of the Covid lockdown and without a proper computer allowing me to play. I'll be probably back to Italy (not the heaven for Covid at the moment) within 1 week using the special flight organized by the Embassy, but nothing is 100% sure, so I officially give up and thanks all of you that have waited me to come back. See you next tournament!
Stay safe!

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Coronavirus and unfinished matches . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm

As you know we have a system of adjudication for any unfinished matches at the end of the tournament involving myself, ianiow and hidde. Right now we are discussing how we should deal with any matches that are "coronavirus-related", that is, matches that have been impacted by the pandemic and otherwise would have been completed on time. Hopefully, we will conclude those discussions at the end of the day as there is hardly any difference in approach between the three of us.

Regarding the Themed Event semi-final between Breogan and dkalenda which has not yet started, this morning we decided to award those matches to Breogan (voting 3-0) so that the final can start at a reasonable time.

Regarding dkalenda's unfinished matches in Classical Antiquity Division A and Biblical Division A (they are all "in progress"), we also decided this morning to adjudicate them after the tournament ends on April 12th. This will allow dkalenda to resume these matches should he be able to return from South Africa before the deadline. All players are allowed the full 10 weeks to complete their matches.

XLegione

Re: Coronavirus and unfinished matches . . .

Post by XLegione » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Very good decision!

Ciao

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:58 am

The final of the Themed Event this season will be between Breogan and hidde. Good luck to both players. :D

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Calling Hyde77 . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Are you still playing? There are several challenges waiting for you. If you just disappear without completing your matches you will not be able to play in Season 8. I operate a "yellow card, red card system" for players who do this.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Calling Hyde77 . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:47 am

If I have not heard from Hyde77 by the end of tomorrow (April 6th), his remaining matches will be subject to adjudication. I have opponents contacting me wanting to start their matches and it is not fair on them to keep them waiting about any longer.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Calling Hyde77 . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:34 pm

I have not heard from Hyde77 so his matches are being adjudicated now.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”